• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Strato & Alto Integration

House72

Hello All

I just got a Start 6TB and Co Star. I already own a Alto and Disc Server.

I did the entire set up as per installation guide provided by K but having some issues.

I have Co Star HDMI 1 Connected to Strato. Co Star HDMI 2 Connected to Alto. Output from Co Star is connected to my Marantz AV8805. Output from my Marantz is connected to a 1080P Projector (Epson 9700UB) for now. I dont have a 4K projector yet. I dont have any 4K movies either.

Issue # 1: I cannot see Movie Collections, List or Covers. I only get a blank screen.

Issue #2 : I can watch movies that are stored in my disc server, but any movie downloaded on to Alto is not playing. When I press play of the movie downloaded on my Alto nothing happens.

I am downloading a Blu Ray version of Open Range on the Strato to see if that plays. I only thought 4K movies will not play with my current set up. I appreciate any help.

Cheers

Raj

Have you configured costar via the primary web GUI (Player pairing tab)? You can play 4K UHD movies from your Strato. The Strato will convert to 1080P. You just can’t play 4K HDR.

Hello

Do you mean did I pair my Strato to Alto? Yes I did this. I am able to play movies on my disk server. I cannot play anything from Alto's hard drive or from Starto's Hard Drive.

I used the HDMI cables that came with strato to connect Strato to Co Star and Co Star to Marantz AV8805. I connected existing Alto to Co Star using regular tributaries cable that is not 4K certified.

Cheers

I would try unpairing via the web interface and try hooking up the Strato and Alto to two different HDMI inputs on your Marantz. Make sure each is working. Assuming they are part of the same system configuration, the Alto should be able to play all discs and any 1080P downloaded movie across both systems. The Strato should be play any downloaded movies across both systems as well as any DVDs in your disc server. Then connect the costar switch making sure it is configured correctly on the hardware. Then pair the two players in the GUI. You can also contact support for help. They are great. SJ

Thanks again for your help.

I went back and unpaired Strato from Alto but still kept same connections. Strato to Co Star Input 1 and Alto to Input 2. Output from Co Star to AV 8805.

Now in the Select a Zone, I select just Alto and can play all movies even the one downloaded to Strato.

If I pair the players then cannot play anything of hard drive and only can play movies on my disc server. I know some of the K folks mentor these threads. If I dont get any answer on this by noon, will call them.

Thanks again.

Is the Strato GUI showing when you pair? Also, I would make sure the Strato is working by just disconnecting the HDMI cable from the Alto. The switch is usually configured for last input I believe. SJ

Also, where are you looking at the movies? On screen or are you describing movies listed on the second screen or remote app?

Okay.

I disconnected Alto and no movies can be played via Strato. At this point I can see movies on the second screen (app on iPad).

Once I connect Alto back I can see movies on my Projector Screen and also play movie residing in the Strato. I think Strato is working because movies in their can be played via Alto. If I pair Starto to Alto, then I can play all movies on my disc server via Strato. I just cannot play any movies on Alto's Hard Disk or Starto's Hard Disk.

Wonder if there is some type of video issue. I would check the HDMI info on the Strato component setup web screens. Support folks likely need to be called. SJ

Thanks Again. I called support and it may very well be due to the old hdmi cable being run from my Marantz AV8805 to the Epson Projector.

I have ordered new cable recommended by K for same day delivery. Once it comes in this evening will check and update. Thanks again for all the help.

Cheers

Wonder if there is some type of video issue. I would check the HDMI info on the Strato component setup web screens. Support folks likely need to be called. SJ

Thanks for your help and Rusty at K. My issue was the HDMI cable and now everything is working.

Now all I need is to figure out with Projector to get for 4K.

Back