• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Strato 6tb audio out hdmi no sound

mhbernheim

Hi guys, my strato was working great until this morning, i get pristine image, but no sound coming from audio out hdmi port to my mx122 receiver, ive tested the port on the receiver from apple tv and other inputs and no issues. Ive seaped cables and no issues... any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this?

I always start by checking the Strato's audio settings, they shouldn't change on their own, but I check them anyway. I would then move the Strato to a display that allows a direct connection so the audio can be tested on the display (i.e. HDMI out of Strato directly into the display, and also change cables while testing). That should confirm if the problem is in the Strato or cable.

These issues tend to be Audio Processor/Receiver settings, Strato settings, or bad cable, in that order. Of course it could also be a problem in the Strato itself, but unusual.

It can be a PITA to troubleshoot these types of issues.

Jim

Yeah, i spoke with kaleidescape support (whom i'd give 10/10 stars every friggin' time) and they sugggested i send the strato back for review, too many issues, first with the video not doing more than 1080 and then with audio now cutting off while previously working fine. Ill post back just for future references and hope it helps someone in the future.

Sounds like the best choice, they'll figure it out.

Jim

So I sent the “faulty one” back and got a replacement strato, same issue... no sound out of the secondary audio out via my mx122, i have no idea wht else to do... the strange thing is that magnoliaav uses the exact same setup as I have at home... no sound comss out

Have you tried bypassing the receiver and just connect it to your TV?

WARNING e000f [Audio only HDMI port EDID Man] EDID Block Error - Log Filter Summary: num_events=2, gated_events=1.

Its definitely a handshake issue, kscape support found this. All other components on my setup work fine with zero handshake issues, its like not able to read the edid info correctly, the mx122 uses a marantz chipset and i think i remember reading that kscape is not compatible with marantz somewhere

WARNING e000f [Audio only HDMI port EDID Man] EDID Block Error - Log Filter Summary: num_events=2, gated_events=1.

Its definitely a handshake issue, kscape support found this. All other components on my setup work fine with zero handshake issues, its like not able to read the edid info correctly, the mx122 uses a marantz chipset and i think i remember reading that kscape is not compatible with marantz somewhere

Interesting. At this point, have you contacted McIntosh directly or the dealer you purchased your gear from?

While I've never worked with McIntosh, I'd imagine they have some good support and they may very well be familiar with your Strato issues since many of their customers are likely to be K owners as well.

Does the main video/audio output from the Strato fed into your MX122 work? I have a Marantz 8805 in our family room connected that way and it works fine. I also have a McIntosh MX160 in our theater and it also works fine (although the Strato is feeding into a Lumagen Pro before being sent to the MX160. SJ

Does the main video/audio output from the Strato fed into your MX122 work? I have a Marantz 8805 in our family room connected that way and it works fine. I also have a McIntosh MX160 in our theater and it also works fine (although the Strato is feeding into a Lumagen Pro before being sent to the MX160. SJ

thanks for replying, If I connect the strato directly to my MX122, i get EDID errors and wont go past 480p for some reason(according to the folks at kaleidescape when they look a the logs). I connected it to my samsung tv and got the whole 4k thing going with sound. I ordered HD Fury to see if I can trick it into seeing EDID info so that it handshakes correctly with my MX122, i know MX122 and Marantz are both using the same chipset, I have a slimline marantz in another room and tried connecting it that way and could not get any signal. The reason why I had to split between video and audio previously was becuase I could not get past 480p on one port, kscape suggested I seperate then and it was working fine but then something weird happened that it wasnt outputting audio anymore... this is the SECOND strato they send by the way so im sure its not the unit, as they've replaced it twice already. *sighs*

HD Fury is a good idea. I also would call McIntosh support. What type of projector do you have? SJ

I tried contacting mcintosh support but they threw the ball over at kscapes court. Hdfury fixed the issue! I am now getting full 4k signal over the video port. Is the dedicated audio out port better for audio than the video out?

I tried contacting mcintosh support but they threw the ball over at kscapes court. Hdfury fixed the issue! I am now getting full 4k signal over the video port. Is the dedicated audio out port better for audio than the video out?

I concur. I had the same problems passing through an AV7704, including no audio from the 2nd HDMI output of the Strato. HDFury Dr HDMI 4k seems to have solved the issues. See my other post/thread.

http://www.kscapeowners.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30135&postcount=16

Is the dedicated audio out port better for audio than the video out?

No. You will not realise any improvement in audio quality by using the audio only HDMI output. Note, however, that when the player is configured for bitstream pass-through, if a connection is detected on the audio-only HDMI port, the bitstream will be directed to that port and the audio on the primary HDMI port will be output as PCM.

Back