• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Strange Strato C / Terra 12TB problem

msimanyi

I'm not sure where to turn about this. I have a relatively new Stratos C / Terra 12TB system. I am finding that when I select a movie to play, it goes to the submenu for the movie and when I select Play, the screen goes black, my TV (Sony A90J) shows some HDMI communication messages, and nothing happens. If I go back to the movie list, after what looks like some more HDMI handshaking the list comes up.

I'm going to be moving my electronics to a larger rack tomorrow night, so turning everything off, disconnecting and reconnecting may resolve this, but just in case it doesn't I thought I'd post here to see if there are any suggestions.

Possibly useful background: I'm using the KScape-supplied HDMI cable and my Harmony Elite remote. I haven't tried using the iPad app since this started.

You can try going into the web gui and looking at the video capabilities and status area. Might tell you what is happening. This sounds like a HDCP related issue. Might try another cable. SJ

Thanks for that tip - it was exactly what I needed and helped me sort out that it's an HDMI matter. I could literally watch the video HDMI info go from connected and useful to inactive as I hit the "Play" option on my Harmony remote.

I would contact support. They might be able to look at your logs. I’m sure that TV is used by many folks. We have an older Sony OLED in our family room and never had an issue (goes through a Marantz 8805). Is the HDMI output from your Strato going directly to the display or via a AVP?

I'm not connected directly to the TV. It's going through a processor, and frankly the HDMI switching on that is slow enough that I actually bought and haven't yet installed an outboard device - the HDFury Vrroom. I'm moving all my electronics to a larger rack this weekend, and I'll get all that configured in the process. Hopefully it resolves the, uh, instability.

Back