• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Stop listening to the disc

Transepoch

Sure, it's just a little thing, but I would like to stop getting lip from the disc whenever I hit stop. I don't care whether or not it's permitted by the disc. I said stop, it's going to stop, so no need provide the author's opinion.

Could you please provide a concrete example of what you're talking about?

Sure, earlier in the week I finished watched the supplemental disc for Transformers 3 and hit stop from the menu. It dutifully dropped back to the K-GUI but the "Not permitted by disc" flag flashed up in the top-right corner. Probably depending on how much code is in the menus, sometimes the flag comes up before the contents stops playing. Would have to check whether it flags when stopping from within the movie too... I usually let it run to the end, so cannot recall and would have to re-test.

I see, so you had done "Play Disc" (as opposed to Play Movie), and were in the disc's menu when you hit Stop? When you see a message like this, is it always when you're in a disc menu?

Thanks!

After running a few quick tests, it does only seem to happen when on the disc menu. Using play disc and being in the movie is still fine, so it is probably something they are authoring into the menus (like most blocking FF/RW/Pause/etc.)

I didn't think to try something menu-heavy, like a gallery or slideshow.

Thanks for checking into that for us. I will log it as a bug and hopefully it's something we can take a look at in an upcoming release. If you wouldn't mind, I'd love to know a couple of the specific titles where you were able to reproduce this problem (and please let me know if it's DVD, Blu-ray or both). I tried a few discs on my home system and wasn't able to make it happen.

Back