• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Starting Download..... But it doesn’t get started!

esisoon

Hi all

I have a new customer who just bought a Strato S and got the activation and store registered, etc

After purchasing movies, I can see all the movies on his queue. However, the top one says ‘Starting Download’ whereas the rest says waiting.

It has been like this for hours, the download doesn’t seem to start. Any ideas?

I can see on the interface my server last connected 1 min ago, I’m using 8.8.8.8 for my DNS.

Thanks!

This "might" be a Store issue, not your setup. I have no problems with my systems, they download regularly, but I currently have the same situation on one of my systems. In the past, whenever they are working on the Store (software? content?), things can slow down. That might currently be the problem, but not sure.

It might be helpful to move a different movie to the top of the Download list in Manage > Download section (use the tab to the right of the content to move content up or down the queue). Sometimes that kick starts the process.

Jim

If you haven't already done it, I'd recycle power to the Strato as well, then try again.

Jim

Store issue as I downloaded 4 movies yesterday in the morning. I looked late afternoon and the first one was only 45% done. Then they all blasted through. SJ

Downloads can be delayed (especially on newly registered systems) while the system is downloading and updating the media guide database. Once the guide data is fully parsed, the download would proceed.

When downloads are intentionally delayed like this, it is indicated on the store's Downloads page with a triangle icon beside the first download. Hovering over the icon with your mouse pointer will display a popover message with explanatory text.

However, guide ball parsing shouldn't take multiple hours and furthermore, if you aren't seeing the warning icon beside the download progress meter then something else (unexpected) is blocking the download.

The first thing to try if you have multiple media objects in your download queue is to re-order them to see if a different object will start downloading. Remember to give the system at least 5 minutes after reordering the queue to show progress on the new download.

If that doesn't help, the next step is to delete the download and re-queue it. Sometimes this helps.

If the downloads still aren't making any progress (and you don't have the warning icon), then something is definitely amiss and you should reach out to Support (support@kaleidescape.com) so that then can look into it to determine what's happening (or not happening as the case may be).

I am seeing this issue as well. Happening on the client system as well as our system in experience center. Eventually, everything downloaded but one movie, in particular, took 4 plus hours where everything else on average has been 1 hour and a half to 2 hours.

Even me it happen with me starting download for long time and still happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm now in this situation as well. Bought 5 movies yesterday. 4 downloaded pretty quickly, but one is now stuck in "starting download" for over 8 hours with no progress. Have tried changing the download order to switch to the HD version instead of the 4k... no help.

I'm now in this situation as well. Bought 5 movies yesterday. 4 downloaded pretty quickly, but one is now stuck in "starting download" for over 8 hours with no progress. Have tried changing the download order to switch to the HD version instead of the 4k... no help.

3 hours and still the same starting download but in fact nothing start at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same issue as few days ago and same behavior, my Premiere components(3U server & Cinema One) download, Terra servers don’t.
Had no problem since the 24th but it seems that it was only temporary.

Strato was stuck on starting download (one movie) most of the day. Finally jumped to 1100 hours remaining. Restarting now.

Worked without restarting and K support has replied to my email:

“We are aware of the issue and our engineering team is actively investigating it to determine and fix the root cause.”

Hi folks,

Sorry about this trouble. It was a weird combination of two bugs that caused this to happen. We believe it is now fixed.

In the unlikely event that you see this problem appear, please email support@kaleidescape.com to let them know. Include the email address associated with your store account, and the serial number of your Kaleidescape server.

Back