• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Squeal when on Pause

uvicgrad85

When a K'Scape movie is paused for more than a couple of minutes, and the theatre video source is changed, (say to DTV or DVD), and then switched back to K'Scape, a high pitch squeal is more than evident.

Once the K'Scape play button is hit, it reverts to normal audio.

It only occurs on K'Scape leading me to believe it is coming from the unit and not from the system.

Anyone else had this issue?

I've never had that happen in my system. There are so many possibilities when it comes to audio feedback it's hard to say what is causing the noise, it could be the K, but more likely it is something else. You should place a call to your dealer to get their take on the issue (I'm assuming they setup your system and know your equipment and layout).

Jim

Agree that isn't normal. My bet is that it's a quirk with your audio controller. Many controllers have trouble with digital streams that are interrupted and then resume. My relatively high-end Lexicon has a very long pause as it attempts to re-sync, and has on occasion frozen completely when switching among digital streams.

Since your noise goes away when the movei restarts, this is the likely cause... your controller is seeing no bits and is reacting odd, then acts normally again when the bitstream resumes.

Another reason I'm pretty sure it isn't the Kscape player is that Kscape players put out no signal when a movie is paused for a while. I wish they put out an active but "zeroed" bitstream, which would prevent the resync issues I see, but they don't. They just put out no bitstream at all. (My processor shows "no bitstream").

--josh

Back