• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Source for a very early 5U power supply?

eschmidt

We have ended up with a very early 5U server that needs at least of power supply, it may be totally dead thus the reason I'm not sending it the mother ship.

Figured if I could find a power supply for $100 it would be worth it to see if its usable for something like a setup and testing box in our lab.

Trouble is have not been able to find a PSU that is even close in terms of the the plug layout. Below is a picture of said supply. Notice that its vertical. Have never seen one like this.
If anyone has one or a source please PM.
Thanks in advance.

Eric

psuinfo2.jpg

psuinfo.jpg

Hi Eric,

One of my client/friends replaced the power supply in one of his out-of-warranty 5U's. I just contacted him and asked him to PM you the details.

Jim

Hmm. My power supply was replaced by a local company here after it was dead. I looked at some pictures that I took (comparing them with yours) and I know that the power supply that was replaced was the Enermax Noisetaker II. I've contacted the friend/company that helped me with the replacement. We found something that matched the pins, but positioning inside the 5u was very tight, I just don't have pictures of the replaced power supply and I discarded the replacement power supply box about 4-5 months ago. If my friend doesn't have the invoice that indicates the replaced power supply, I'll take a shot at opening up the 5u to look. I know we had a security screw issue then and I may have the correct bits here, but the process may take a day or too.

In short, I'll be able to post an answer, but it may take a day or two. There is a replacement so hope is not lost and my 5u has been running for over a year now with that power supply. IIRC the power supply was about $150, give or take.

I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Jay

Yes that's the same one.
It's the power cord location and vertical orientation that's been fought to find.
Guess you could modify the case but was hoping to avoid this.
Greatly appreciate the info and help.

Back