• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

SOLD: Sony XW6000ES 4K Laser Projector

Status
Not open for further replies.

tov5005

Listing Sony VW-XW6000ES 4K Laser projector. Just recently purchased last December and still in flawless condition. Only 765hrs (estimated for 20,000+ hours). Purchased from authorized Sony dealer and still has over two years of warranty remaining. Comes with all original packaging, remote, power cord, etc.

Asking $7000 + ship & PayPal fees (US only)

Reason for selling… we’re buying a new house and It sadly won’t accommodate multiple projector/theater setups like I have now (either will my wife... hah). This Sony was my secondary projector used in a downstairs rec room, that’s why it has low usage. It's a fantastic projector.

Please PM if interested or with any questions!

IMG_7792.jpgIMG_7796.jpgIMG_7797.jpgIMG_7800.jpg

Last edited:
How's the performance in a brightly lit room?

Considering if I should get this instead of a new TV.

It’s great, especially when combined with an ALR screen. I was actually using this in a well-lit, living room space in my basement. I’ll attach an example screen-shot later this evening.

How's the performance in a brightly lit room?

Considering if I should get this instead of a new TV.

Here is an example. Not 'brightly lit' necessarily but I have several lamps on. You can see how the image pops off the ALR screen. This is pre-calibration as well. I'd take a new screen-shot but the projector is already boxed up and ready to ship.

I constructed a similar 'front stage void' to @MikeKobb' setup where the screen is surrounded by velvet masking panels to reject more ambient light from the room.

IMG_7046-2.jpg

Lowering price to $7000 + ship & PayPal fees. $5k off retail.

As mentioned above, fantastic projector just no room for it in the new house. I have another projector in my main theater room. Hope this can find a new home! PM with any questions.

Yes, this is a great projector. I have the 6000ES with a Lumagen Radiance Pro and the picture is amazing. This is a great deal!

The 6000ES is still the best Seller in Sony's current line. Being in the middle of the 3 models for this year (5000, 6000, 7000), it's a nice balance in price/performance for this years models. We've sold 16 of these 6000's, and the owners are very happy with the performance.

Jim

great projector - have owned one for 8 months and coupled with a madVR Envy is an awesome combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back