• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

So who's upgrading to M-Class?

Have you decided whether to upgrade to M-Class?

• I'm definitely going to upgrade, I upgrade every time regardless.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I'm definitely going to upgrade this time, M-Class delivers the features I was expecting.

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I'm considering, M-Class doesn't deliver what I was expecting and I need time to think about it.

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • I'm definitely not going to upgrade, I'm happy with what I have already.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm definitely not going to upgrade, M-Class does not deliver what I was expecting.

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not really directly related, but any U2 fans out there might want to check out the new U2 360 Live at the Rose Bowl BD...it is pretty incredible to look at on the M500/300 upgrade...great disc...highly recommended.

Is plain old Cat5 a nonstarter for playing BR on players away from the server? My house was pre-wired 6 years ago with Cat5 and that is what I currently use, but now I am concerned I need to rewire when/if I get to the point with the M-Class.

JCHS - I'll have to check out the U2 BD - just found out that U2 postponed their Philly July show and I will maybe be waiting to 2011!

I would assume your Cat5 is actually Cat5e, which is about all you would see anywhere even back then. My house was wired 5 years ago and is fine for the connection speed you are looking for.

Same here and my house was wired 7 years ago. And it works fine (I stream HD home movies using my computer and I tested out a crazy bandwidth one just for fun one day and it worked fine).

Kalahari is 40 Mbit and it worked just fine. I use that as a nice testing video. If Kalahari works, you are fine. If you have a problem with video but Kalahari works, it is an HDCP issue.

...and mine too!

Mine as well. As a long-time Meridian owner, in-player decoding to PCM is a must. That, plus the need for the disc in the player, makes this a very unattractive offer.

Mine as well. As a long-time Meridian owner, in-player decoding to PCM is a must. That, plus the need for the disc in the player, makes this a very unattractive offer.

Yeah... I kind of sat on the fence too for a few weeks... until I saw the new hidef menu and intergalatic BD performance :eek:
The vault is but a whisper away.... ... .. .

Panamar

It's funny...when I look at the old menus they look so outdated now that I am used to the new high-res cover art and movie list page (with cover art now). It really is a big difference, even on regular DVDs. Pretty amazing leap forward, in my opinion.
Jeff

I wouldn't classify it as an amazing leap forward, but it certainly is a nice upgrade.

An amazing leap forward would allow users to import other content, like TV shows from a DVR module or photos or maybe even our iTunes purchased songs.

Back