• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Single "Digital Offers" page now?

David23

The Disc to Digital page was removed from the store and now there's just the Digital Offers page. It looks like it will show the best upgrade pricing between either owning the disc or owning it digitally. I kinda liked being able to see the exact prices between the two but also nice having all digital offers combined into a single view.

I think I prefer just the single page, so this works for me. (They could just make a filtering option on the single page.)

Both always looked identical to me. What was the difference?

Both always looked identical to me. What was the difference?
The Disc to Digital page showed pricing for physical discs that you had cataloged. The Digital Offers page showed pricing for digital movies you purchase from the store.

For example, if you catalog a Blu-ray disc of Indiana Jones, you will get the Disc-to-Digital pricing to purchase it in Blu-ray or 4K quality. If you purchase Indiana Jones from the store in Blu-ray quality, then you would get a Digital Offer to purchase it in 4K.

The pricing can vary between the two upgrade paths.

Looks like you can still go directly to the D2D page:

One minor but crucial difference between the Digital Offers page and the Disc to Digital page is that D2D page shows the number of discs you've cataloged that aren't available in the store. For example, I see:

"You have 8 movies that are not available on the Kaleidescape Store."

This is a helpful reminder for me to keep track of those titles. Which I've actually lost track of, again. :/

Back