• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Simply Red Montreux - issues?

Oldred

Bought this in the sale the other week and played it for the first time tonight.

Anyone else got this and watched it yet?

Maybe 6-10 times the audio dropped out briefly, stuttered or paused briefly. Also the image disappeared at one point and I got the ‘out of range message on the top left hand of the screen.

Not sure if that’s the player, the Madvr or the projector that generates that?. Regardless the image shouldn’t impact the audio but lost that at the same time.

Not taken notice of where but it’s just done it again in The Right Thing (which was a right pain because the track sounded great up until then).

Bit gutted because really enjoyed it and it’s the first concert we have watched on K.

Appreciate any thoughts.

Last edited:
Is it a JVC projector by any chance? I have had this a few times on mine with certain movies but with mine the image drops for a few seconds and the audio still plays.

Is it a JVC projector by any chance?
No a Sony laser. The image was only impacted once but the audio probably a dozen times by the time it had finished. Not had any issues like this before and there haven't been any changes to the setup. Odd.

No a Sony laser. The image was only impacted once but the audio probably a dozen times by the time it had finished. Not had any issues like this before and there haven't been any changes to the setup. Odd.
Very strange. Im putting mine down to a HDMI sync issue. Im going to start taking note of the movie name and time when it does it so I know if its the projector or movie. Im running fibre HDMI through from the projector to the Anthem in a few weeks so I will make notes after this is done. Does it replicate in exactly the same time in the movie?

Very strange. Im putting mine down to a HDMI sync issue. Im going to start taking note of the movie name and time when it does it so I know if its the projector or movie. Im running fibre HDMI through from the projector to the Anthem in a few weeks so I will make notes after this is done. Does it replicate in exactly the same time in the movie?
We have a Storm amp and Sony laser and both have been in place since the Sony laser came out (not the latest models). The Madvr has been in place for around about a year now together with the K boxes. No issues of this type before really. I never restart the K boxes, they go to sleep etc and that’s all. Can’t see that being the issue and I don’t want to get into the habit of rebooting everything for ever more unless it’s a real requirement. . May restart it once though and then try it again tomorrow.

I would replay the concert and see if it replicates in the same place each time. If it does then its an issue with the download or the concert digital copy itself. You could delete it and download again to eliminate that problem.

Apologies I should have updated this post before now - but it's still running as an issue. Watching the movie/gig again always gets the same problems but not necessarily in the same place. So you might see it, rewind it and you won't get it the second time. We had an engineer here today (the installer) and he spent a lot of time checking things and tweaking settings to see if he could shift the problem but nothing looks wrong and nothing worked. So a bit stumped. They are still looking at the issue and I assume raising further contact with support.

Still not seen it on any other movie.

I'm assuming the audio is not passing through the MadVR, but asking just in case? I'm a Lumagen user so I'm not sure if you run all sources into MadVR and then to your processor or out of the processor into the MadVR...

Have you tried playing back the PCM Stereo audio track to see if that also causes issues?

I'm assuming the audio is not passing through the MadVR, but asking just in case? I'm a Lumagen user so I'm not sure if you run all sources into MadVR and then to your processor or out of the processor into the MadVR...

Have you tried playing back the PCM Stereo audio track to see if that also causes issues?
No it doesn’t pass through the Madvr. Less frequently the Madvr does show a black screen and ‘out of range’ which I think is the Madvr resyncing. Because it’s impacting audio and video I am assuming it’s most likely likely the player/server or the source material. Pretty sure it’s not a network issue. Because it’s only this movie i guess it’s more likely the content. But no one else has flagged the issue. I will check other audio to see what happens.

Back