• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Set up question

I had this for the longest time from the beginning of when I purchased my Kscape. I eventually had a high level technician from Best Buy (where I purchased them) who came in and played with the settings and has been fully gone for several months. Not certain what was changed though.

I am also experiencing these "White Flashes". This is not a behavior tied to video playback...it happens even while the Kaleidescape screensaver is playing.
I've made a considerable investment in this system; I would hate to think that white flashes are now just part of my life as a Kscape user. :)

Michael

If you haven't done so, make sure your new receiver has the latest firmware installed.

Does audio also stop when you see a white flash, or is it just the video that drops?

Andy
Same issue here. I see the White Flash even when no film is playing and the Kaleidescape screensaver is playing. The White Flash does not interrupt the audio. But it is annoying and distracting, for certain.

Michael

I am also now, again, receiving these white flashes. It's insanely, unbelievably, incomprehensibly annoying. I switched out the cable, and for 2 entire days, everything was fine. The white flashes on the screen disappeared entirely. Tonight, however...during a viewing of "9" with my kids....those abominable white flashes are back. I have the latest firmware on every device in the chain. Does *anyone* know what causes these white flashes on the screen?

Michael

As Jim mentioned above, best way to troubleshoot is eliminating devices in the ‘chain’ to identify the culprit. Outside of changing out cables, have you run video direct from the Strato to your display device? Does the issue persist then?

As Jim mentioned above, best way to troubleshoot is eliminating devices in the ‘chain’ to identify the culprit. Outside of changing out cables, have you run video direct from the Strato to your display device? Does the issue persist then?
It's not an easy ordeal to movie things around; I have yet to try different HDMI interfaces on the AV Receiver...has that been shown to make a difference to others? I also have not cabled the TV directly into the Kaleidescape, but it is my hunch that there is something wrong with the way that the AV Receiver *sometimes* interprets the Kaleidescape's HDMI signal. Does a port that has the ability to operate at up to 120 HZ need to be defined with a lesser refresh rate on the receiver? I have noticed that if I turn the AV Receiver off and on, after seeing the white flashes, that they go away. I have a Yamaha RX-A2A receiver.

Back