• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Set adjustable delay before movie starts (for Trinnov owners)

ht guy

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
When starting a movie with a Trinnov processor, it takes a few seconds for the audio track to lock in. This results in video, but no audio until the audio locks in.

The only way to keep it from happening is to start the movie and the hit pause for a few seconds.

I’ve jut read that on a Zidoo device, you can set a pause in front of a movie (Playback -> Auto frame rate -> Frame Rate pause, set it to 5 seconds) which results in the video and audio starting at the same time.

Having such a setting for our Strato would resolve the single biggest issue in our HT.

When starting a movie with a Trinnov processor, it takes a few seconds for the audio track to lock in. This results in video, but no audio until the audio locks in.

The only way to keep it from happening is to start the movie and the hit pause for a few seconds.

I’ve jut read that on a Zidoo device, you can set a pause in front of a movie (Playback -> Auto frame rate -> Frame Rate pause, set it to 5 seconds) which results in the video and audio starting at the same time.

Having such a setting for our Strato would resolve the single biggest issue in our HT.
Hi HT!

Have you/others had success using any macros, with the various automation systems available? Certainly is that is an "easy" workaround, but an option, in the App/GUI, for the end user to enable would seemingly be "easier,"at least for the end user.

Thank you very much

FURY

Have you/others had success using any macros, with the various automation systems available?
The Altitude sends an event message when the audio is locked in. You could do a short sequence pausing after the movie starts and then resuming when the Altitude has locked-in. TBH, i´ve never done it this way, but i think it should work. Currently travelling, but could give it a try when i´ve returned.

The Altitude sends an event message when the audio is locked in. You could do a short sequence pausing after the movie starts and then resuming when the Altitude has locked-in. TBH, i´ve never done it this way, but i think it should work. Currently travelling, but could give it a try when i´ve returned.
If only I could have access once again to Crestron software...

Thank you very much

FURY

I don’t think this works as when you pause the audio sync resets to no audio stream, and playing again has the same issue.

perhaps a K provided selectable option to pre roll 5 seconds of blank with a silent audio stream that matches the movie audio format

I don’t think this works as when you pause the audio sync resets to no audio stream, and playing again has the same issue.
Nope. The Altitude doesn´t do a new sync when you press play. It works just fine. You just need to find the right moment to send the pause command.

I also would like a pause. I have the opposite issue with my K and AVM-90 where the audio is immediate but the picture takes 2-3 seconds to appear.
You could change the OSD frame rate to 24Hz and see if that would help. Probable won’t on HDR but still worth a try.

John

I'd like a delay setting as a non-Trinov user as well. I get audio instantly, but it takes a few seconds for the video to sync with the projector.
This would be very helpful for projector users. Usually it's just the studio logo at the very beginning that takes a few seconds to kick in, but in the case of Dune Part 1, you can miss the opening audio and quote the happens before the opening studio logo.

Thanks!
I’ve asked my installer to attempt to implement this when he gets here on Monday.
Did you end up seeing if you could get it to work? If so, any tips I could pass on?

Thanks!
I’ve asked my installer to attempt to implement this when he gets here on Monday.
Did you end up seeing if you could get it to work? If so, any tips I could pass on?
No, never followed up on that. But really interested how your experiments go on Monday. Happy to support (e.g. trying some things out) then.

Thanks DieZwei.
Installer wasn't able to find programming related to the event message for audio lock-in, so I just asked him to program a simple macro so that when you hit play, the macro is: Play->wait 8 seconds->Pause-> wait 5 seconds->Play
Not ideal, but now when you start, say, Dune, the audio includes the opening words - verses starting a few seconds after the words have been spoken. It also seems that some movies take longer to start, so having "Play" triggered by a "locked in" message would still make more sense.
For now, the macro will do.
At my request, he also added volume indicators on all input screens, so no more getting out the phone to check/adjust levels (and adjustments can be made more discretely.)
He said he was going to see what he could dig up in the RTI Forums re: solving for Trinnov audio delay.

Hm, getting info the audio lock-in is actually pretty easy. The Altitude sends out a message "AUDIOSYNC_STATUS" being 0 (not synced) or 1 (synced) on it´s own. I´ll see if i can find the time to have a closer look on this during the week.

Hi Ht!

I haven't setup my Trinnov into Simpl (Crestron) yet, but I have had a few ideas that I was going to explore, for automation. Prolly won't work, or be acceptable, but... Say the macro (Stepper) that you may have as outline above, is triggered, with CC Enabled, when the first string of CC is sensed, then waits the requisite time, for lock on, then rewinds the time it takes for the CC to be sensed by a timer + lockon and begins from what should have been, when it should have been, +,- CC. There are many ways to achieve an end result with Crestron, especially if it doesn't work, but the inelegant sequence is along the lines of one option I was going to explore. I haven't looked at the module for Trinnov, so it may be fairly easy or way difficult to get useful data to reset/pause, etc. things.

Surely someone must have this figured out though...

Thank you very much

FURY

Hm, getting info the audio lock-in is actually pretty easy. The Altitude sends out a message "AUDIOSYNC_STATUS" being 0 (not synced) or 1 (synced) on it´s own. I´ll see if i can find the time to have a closer look on this during the week.
Thanks.

Back