• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Set adjustable delay before movie starts (for Trinnov owners)

Since K is now providing movies to some movie theaters to project - I wonder what these theaters are doing. They're not showing their audiences a few seconds of a silent pictures and then the audio kicks in sharply. I don't think?

Will probably hold a piece of cardboard in front of the camera lens until they hear the audio......

Jim

Will probably hold a piece of cardboard in front of the camera lens until they hear the audio......

Jim
Except that's essentially what happens with my current setup with an Anthem processor. The audio kicks in several seconds before the video.

Your audio kicks in early? With my Anthem audio comes in late. (Did the same with a previous Marantz.)

Your audio kicks in early? With my Anthem audio comes in late. (Did the same with a previous Marantz.)
I have my projector set so it switches frame rate, so it takes longer - it's also an older JVC X790R so it's probably slower than the newer models on top of it.

Audio is generally up and running by the time playback begins, but video takes another 3-5 seconds.

Kaleidescape adds a user configureable pause on their players. Two birds, one stone.

Wait, user configurable pause?

To me the easiest way to do it would be to add a setting for a number of seconds. When you hit play, the Kaleidescape activates PLAY, which will trigger sync with AV processors, projectors, etc., but a fraction of a second after it activates PLAY, it activates PAUSE or INTERMISSION. After a predetermined duration as specified by the user for the user's specific equipment setup and requirements, it goes back to PLAY mode.

It needs to do more than just delay the PLAY action or it won't trigger the equipment to sync. It has to get into PLAYBACK mode to trigger frame rate changes, audio setting changes, and all sync actions.

Update: With my (RTI) programmer's assistance, we set up a macro to pause 5 or 6 seconds after you hit play, wait a few seconds, and then start.
Two issues: 1) you don't always want the pause and 2) it seem to take different amounts of time to lock in.
No luck with that one.
So I'm back to wanting K to implement the variable pause feature like on the zidoo z9x.
Please and thank you!

Update: With my (RTI) programmer's assistance, we set up a macro to pause 5 or 6 seconds after you hit play, wait a few seconds, and then start.
Two issues: 1) you don't always want the pause and 2) it seem to take different amounts of time to lock in.
Yeah, similar experience here. With the Trinnov API, you can even get feedback when the audio is locked-in. But this signal sometimes is unstable and jumping back an forth multiple times, so you don´t really know when it´s really locked-in...

The issue with pressing/sending pause is that sometimes the audio needs to lock in again after pause, so wouldn´t gain anything with a built-in pause feature.

IMHO the best solution would be to add a few seconds of black screen at the beginning of the movie. Actually i think this would be beneficial for everybody. I don´t like it anyway when the content starts right away.
But since this would require touching every piece of content, that won´t happen.

Yeah, similar experience here. With the Trinnov API, you can even get feedback when the audio is locked-in. But this signal sometimes is unstable and jumping back an forth multiple times, so you don´t really know when it´s really locked-in...

The issue with pressing/sending pause is that sometimes the audio needs to lock in again after pause, so wouldn´t gain anything with a built-in pause feature.

IMHO the best solution would be to add a few seconds of black screen at the beginning of the movie. Actually i think this would be beneficial for everybody. I don´t like it anyway when the content starts right away.
But since this would require touching every piece of content, that won´t happen.
Maybe for us Trinnov folks, K could add back in FBI warnings. ;)

When starting a movie with a Trinnov processor, it takes a few seconds for the audio track to lock in. This results in video, but no audio until the audio locks in.

The only way to keep it from happening is to start the movie and the hit pause for a few seconds.

I’ve jut read that on a Zidoo device, you can set a pause in front of a movie (Playback -> Auto frame rate -> Frame Rate pause, set it to 5 seconds) which results in the video and audio starting at the same time.

Having such a setting for our Strato would resolve the single biggest issue in our HT.
This is a great idea!! Having a slight delay that you can tune in the settings would be great! The few seconds delay for the hand over is really annoying. It would be such a simple thing to ship in an update.

Perhaps it's just me but there are so many great ideas shared here that are all software and feels like these are features their customers would expect for a premium product.

They probably could create a KScape intro that's a few seconds long, kinda like the old FBI warnings like SJHT mentioned, and have that play as a trailer before the movie and just hardcode it in so it plays automatically so they wouldn't have to touch every file. Yeah, I would love to see this as well.

They probably could create a KScape intro that's a few seconds long, kinda like the old FBI warnings like SJHT mentioned, and have that play as a trailer before the movie and just hardcode it in so it plays automatically so they wouldn't have to touch every file. Yeah, I would love to see this as well.
The problem is that is a separate trailer, the chain would need to resync again after the trailer and the movie starts.

Plus I’d prefer not to see any K advertising *cough* like the recently added K ad at the end of every script.

I agree with the earlier suggestion regarding having an option to set delays in the settings, in this way it doesn't have a negative (opposite) affect on non-Trinnov owners (probably 99% of K owners), but not sure how easy that is to implement.

Jim

Back