• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Server time setting

lgimene

I recently got a 5U server and a M700 Vault. I began to import my DVD's. In reviewing the date / time electronic stamp for each import I realized that the server time is set to PST; but I live in the East Coast, (EST). Is there a way to set the server time to my time zone?

Jim,
Thanks so much for the quick response!
I followed your instructions and voila!!
Thanks again
Luis

Yep, there's a whole load of stuff you can tinker with in those installer pages...
BTW don't ever recall here anybody using a 5U and an M700...

Well, I am...and hoping not to be the first... I also have a M500 and M300 player as part of the system.
I had it installed by a professional installer who is also a dealer for Kaleidescape.
So far, the two units have work together harmoniously and without glitches...

I know that a 5U is "old" technology, but I guess K has made sure there is backwards compatibilty for newer hardware and software.

Do you foresee any possible problems going forward?

Luis

Luis, you should be fine, especially considering it is already working.:)

Brodric was probably referring to the limited storage capability of a 5U versus a 3U, and the fact that those players and that vault are associated more with BR capability and the large amount of storage required for that format.

In addition, some of the early 5U's were not gigabit capable, obviously affecting BR playback as well (multiple simult. Streams).

You already have several players that I assume are working fine, so no worries (unless you opt for a large BR collection).

Jim

BTW, the answer is "yes," K does make the components as backward compatible as possible, the only recent exception was the older player's limitations on BR playback. Not unexpected given that DVD and BR are two different formats.

Jim

Back