• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Second Screen iPad app

I'd love to know what features you find most valuable.
Hey Mike, it's not TestnDoc, but #1 feature for me is that it is the fastest/easiest way I've found to do Collections sorting. Of course, the fact that you can run the app with a 27" display helps, but it's really just about as easy on the the iPad.

#2 most valuable feature would be being having to ability to hand a guest an iPad with a pre-selected collection of titles being offered for the showing. They can review the offered shows, and any previews they select are shown on the big screen (with big sound.) Very nice.

Of course, once everyone's ready, you can just hit "play movie." from the same screen.

It's an experience I've not found on any other systems, and really like how easy it is to do.

Last edited:
When you say "Collections sorting", do you mean assigning movies to various collections?

The Second Screen app is amazing. I use it all of the time. Even when I’m away from my theater.

Benefits of using the app:
-Managing and viewing collections
-Seamless management of playing content without having to open menus on the screen
-Creating scenes
-Naming scenes
-Deciding what to watch
-Playing scripts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Does this app works on ipad? I might need to buy ipad just for this app if it really helps. I don't have any apple devices.

Does this app works on ipad? I might need to buy ipad just for this app if it really helps. I don't have any apple devices.

Yes, the Second Screen App was designed for iPad.

Jim

Thanks. Is there any link for details on the app and also what would be the cost?
I found the link. I did not know that it is from Kscape only. I guess it is free then.

Yes, it's free.

Jim

I found the link. I did not know that it is from Kscape only. I guess it is free then.

Hi Giri et al.!

Thanks for providing that link. MBP with "M" chips 1-3 work with Second Screen. Is that the link for those devices as well as those "M"MBP's ?

Thank you very much

FURY

I normally keep an android tablet in the HT. I took a dive on an few year old iPad pro today, second hand, exclusively to try the second screen app. What features are better than the android app that I should look for?

Fundamentally, they're almost completely non-overlapping apps. The Second Screen app allows you to browse your local system's library, and do most things to movies that you can do from the onscreen display. For example, you can play movies or individual scenes, songs, extras, etc. You can add a movie to a collection, or remove it from a collection. You can browse your library by genre or actor.

Oh, and if you have a Premiere system, you can control all the functions of music playback without having to have a TV turned on.

I just installed on ipad and it looks awesome. One question is I have to use arrows to move while browsing. It does not have finger swiping? For creating new scenes, I have to use menu and then get to place to create scene. Just wanted to make sure there is no other easy way while moving is getting played. Jut wanted to make sure using all the features that are better than the standard app on android. Thanks.

That's correct. The app was designed a long time ago, and since it was iPad-only the buttons seemed like the correct interface for navigation. If you prefer to swipe to navigate the onscreen display, you can use the mobile app on iPhone/Android for that purpose.

What size iPad do folks like to use for this? I think a larger iPad Pro would be good, but it might be just too large an object to have to juggle among the home theater essentials lined up on the armrest table.

What size iPad do folks like to use for this? I think a larger iPad Pro would be good, but it might be just too large an object to have to juggle among the home theater essentials lined up on the armrest table.
I have a 10.5 because that is what was available, but I think an iPad mini may be more appropriate. Really a personal preference.

I have the smaller iPad Pro and it works great, but I use it most on an M2 MacBook for cataloging new downloads.

The Second Screen app is amazing. I use it all of the time. Even when I’m away from my theater.

Benefits of using the app:
-Managing and viewing collections
-Seamless management of playing content without having to open menus on the screen
-Creating scenes
-Naming scenes
-Deciding what to watch
-Playing scripts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have to use menu and then create scenes. Not sure how it is helping to create scenes easily. Wish there is button start/stop scene etc.

Back