• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Scenes scavenger hunt on Twitter - win Star Wars The Complete Saga on Blu-ray Disc!

Looks like fun, but it's already done, someone else won!:cool:

(any prize for rhymes...?:D)

Jim

This is great Tom.

However, trying to win this has actually served to remind me of a real frustration... scenes don't work unless you have the EXACT edition that the movieguide team used. I own E.T. and all the Toy Stories, but apparently I don't have the right editions since I'm not getting the scenes. So alas, I can't try to enter withouth re-buying movies I already own. I was willing to go buy "Ghost" to get my entry in, but can't stomach buying movies I already own again.

But good luck to the community...

Agreed, although my raiders, bueller, and Toy Story are the right editions, my ET and Gladiator are not.

Great idea Tom. I am loving the extra scenes, particularly the ability to continue playing. even if there is overlap with my scenes, it is nice and clear with the heart, which ones are mine and which were fed from Kscape.

I liked the one tweet from the guy asking about the ability to put scenes in shuffle mode...is this possible?

Makes me wonder if the movieguide team DOES create/port scenes from the various versions of movies or if they ONLY create them for whatever is deemed the "standard" or best-selling edition.

Does anyone know if the movie guide team uses their knowledge of cinema to come up with this or do they use we owners as a "cheat sheet" - would they have access to what we bookmark and use that as a starting point?

they definitely have access to all of our favorite scenes... probably directly through their systems that talk to our servers, but if not, then they can download what must be a very large percentage of Favorite Scenes ever created here on these boards.
Whether they DO that or not is anyone's guess, but it's probably a reasonable way for them to find ideas of good scenes. As someone who has made and contributed a lot of these, doesn't bother me at all if they took some of those from me. others may feel differently I guess... I think they're meant for sharing, and it's not like K is making money off of them. have at it.

agreed - I asked because I figured they had access and that many of them seemed to be identical to ones (sometimes in title as well as clip) that have been shared (so generously) by the people on this forum.

Makes me wonder if the movieguide team DOES create/port scenes from the various versions of movies or if they ONLY create them for whatever is deemed the "standard" or best-selling edition.

We work to create scenes for various different versions of the movies, but it's not always easy for us to get our hands on all of the alternate pressings. We'd be happy to mark your scenes for any of these three if you loan them to us. Just contact loan AT kaleidescape DOT com.

Back