• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Scam warning: K on eBay

brodricj

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
For those of you who follow the K 2nd hand market on eBay, be advised of a scam merchant who has, from time to time over the past couple of months, been offering to sell the K-mini system and other K components for very attractive prices.

The scam always follows a similar route...firstly the gear is only ever listed for a 1 day auction duration. The merchant seems legitimate with excellent eBay feedback from thousands of satisfied customers, or so it seems. Don't be lulled into a false sense of security over this, he's scammed the eBay rating system somehow to make it appear he's been in business for a while and has a strong customer base.

Next, bidders are invited to contact him via a gmail address prior to bidding. He'll then check your eBay feedback and reply back to you that you can get the K-mini system at the "buy now" price of $1400. He'll also ask for your full name, eBay user ID, and your shipping address. Then he'll invoice you via PayPal, but outside eBay, for the "buy now" price. Don't be conned, this is a scam!

He can't/won't tell you the serial number of the unit he has for sale....that's because he doesn't have one for sale!! Plus, if you start asking the obvious questions he either fobs you off with obscure answers or stops further communications.

Anyway, I thought I'd share this information with the forum in case anyone feels tempted about giving away your money for a K system that will never eventuate with a delivery. eBay keeps pulling his listings but he reappears again and again with a different store ID and gmail address, but the MO is always the same.

So all be warned!

Thanks for posting!

That brings up a good point. K products maintain reasonable value over time. You can always check the probable value of an item by asking questions on this forum. As the saying goes, "If it sounds too good to be true..........."

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't need to worry about getting a deal. Soon I will have all the dough I need. Just waiting for that bank transfer of $12,700,000 from Nigeria from the settlement for an airline crash. Thankfully that guy who wanted to steal it found an honest person to work with stateside.

I don't need to worry about getting a deal. Soon I will have all the dough I need. Just waiting for that bank transfer of $12,700,000 from Nigeria from the settlement for an airline crash. Thankfully that guy who wanted to steal it found an honest person to work with stateside.
:D:D WINNER of funniest post of the week!

Still a little shy for the new 48U K-SERVERBLU coming out later this year, after sales taxes anyway.

It has already been taken off the board at Ebay but just a FYI that another fake 3U sale turned up on the board. Pricing was out of the normal range and further inquiries were answered with incorrect information.

Just a suggestion to always get a serial number for the component and then check it to insure it is a valid number and that it matches the last known owner (and hopefully that's also the Seller).

Jim

Just a suggestion to always get a serial number for the component and then check it to insure it is a valid number and that it matches the last known owner (and hopefully that's also the Seller).

I did just that for an eBay auction I was bidding on yesterday (a 1U server and KPLAYER-6000). The seller eventually gave me the serial numbers. When I checked with K it turned out the server serial number was not valid. The player did have a valid serial number but there was no record of it ever being installed (there were no log records for it). It was all too suspicious for me, and fortunately I was outbid. Hope someone didn't get burned over this one.

Thanks for sharing! That's why we post these warnings.

Jim

Back