• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Return to KAL

rtaylor3rd

Couldn't afford to upgrade to M class architecture, so I've been enjoying an Oppo for Bluray. Went back to KAL to watch " The Patriot". 4th of July stuff. All the tech advances and changes in AV and KAL is still unrivaled.

Yes Sir, the K system is still the one constant in my system. I change gear all the time, but the K gear only changes when a K upgrade appears.:)

(Hell, I just changed Prepro's for the third time in two months, got the Bryston SP3 coming in this week).

Jim

Funny, I've been using a Bel Canto DAC to listen to KAL music. Thinking of a change just for the sake of change. Can't decide to what though.

That's a solid DAC, not sure moving to anything else would improve your current experience, but as you said, sometimes change for the sake of.......:)

Yes Sir, the K system is still the one constant in my system. I change gear all the time, but the K gear only changes when a K upgrade appears.:)

(Hell, I just changed Prepro's for the third time in two months, got the Bryston SP3 coming in this week).

Jim

Same here but the SP3 is here to stay and keep company to my K system for a long time. The SP3 is by far one of the best prepro's I had in years.....Hope you like it !

...I just changed Prepro's for the third time in two months, got the Bryston SP3 coming in this week...

Jim, I've gotta protest...you got me all keen on the Integra DHC 80.3 as my Halcro SSP replacement, now you've jumped ships to the Bryston! :D

I just wish the SP3 had some way to correct for room acoustics -- like Audyssey, ARC, or even a simple manual EQ. It follows that this pre/pro would typically be in a custom install, where the room would approach ideal acoustics, but it would still be nice to have the capability to help the installer dial it in. One thing I've noticed since the auto-calibration feature has become more prevalent is that my bass response has definitely improved, and tends to sound less boomy and tighter -- tough to do that "by ear."

Jim, I've gotta protest...you got me all keen on the Integra DHC 80.3 as my Halcro SSP replacement, now you've jumped ships to the Bryston! :D

Sorry my friend, I'm not at all down on the 80.3, it's a great piece, especially at that price point. I'm using one in my media room. I went to the SP3 just to try it in the theatre. The thought was to move it to a multi-purpose (HT/2 Ch) after the test, but it sounded so good in the theatre I decided to keep it there for now. I still say the Integra piece is probably the best bang for the buck and sounds as good as nearly all of the high end units I've owned, including pieces costing 10x as much!! You cannot do any better for $2,500, IMO.

Jim

Back