• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Request: Missing concert titles

ht guy

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
Some good ones from my BR collection that I'd love to replace with a K version include:

Cream - Royal Albert Hall (Eagle Vision)
Nirvana - Unplugged In New York (Universal)
REM - Austin City Limits (Jam Records)
Roxy Music - Live at the Apollo (Image Entertainment)
The Pretenders - Loose In LA (Eagle Vision,) Live in London (E1 Music) and With Friends (Cleopatra Records) (all 3, please!)
Tom Petty - Sound Stage (HD Ready) (a real concert vs the Tom Petty disc currently available)

And the one I am astonished is not in the store:

Tanglewood - 75th Anniversary (C Major Entertainment) (which I consider near reference in BR form)

Also, is there a better way (send to support?) to get these requests to K?

Last edited:
What studios are these from? SJ
Added.
And as I'm filling them in, I'm guessing the reason I'm not likely to see some of them, is they are released by small / ex-U.S. studios that don't have a contract with K? ...assuming I got them right.

Last edited:
I don't know details of these specific titles, but in answer to your last question, it's sometimes the case that we don't have a relationship with the licensor (and sometimes a licensor may only have a single-digit number of titles). It's also sometimes the case that a licensor's rights to a title have expired, so that they can no longer offer titles that they used to. Or, that they have rights for physical distribution, but never secured rights for electronic distribution.

Anyway, the permutations go on and on, but that's the sort of thing that happens, and it's probably especially complicated with music, because there are rights for the composition, the performance, the recording, etc, etc.

Best way to request titles is to send an email to store@kaleidescape.com with your request. I would be happy to pass this list along for you, but I think it would be better to send the email as then it's coming in through a proper channel where we can keep track of what people are requesting.

Thanks Mike.
Will do.
Make perfect sense and very helpful.

Back