• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Request details for all movies on system

appliedautomation

Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
Hi,
Does any one know what commands are used to request the details of all movies currently on a Kaleidescape system?

I can easily pull the data for the currently selected/highlighted movie on a player, but i need to query a player/server for the entire list.

Thanks

I have been waiting for the official C4 driver to do this. Are you willing to share the driver?

Its still work in progress at the moment, getting the data into the Control4 media library was one thing, but still a few steps to go yet.

Will let you know how i get on.

Thanks

I would likewise be interested in this, as getting the media collection to work right (or at all) has always been on my to-do list.

Also interested if your version shows/works on Android. Nothing like needing to fire-up the laptop when the remote's batteries are charging because for some reason the official driver mysteriously vanished from the interface shortly after starting to use the tablets (and never noticed which update did it.)

Managed to complete another big step on the driver this evening. Need to work through all the IFs BUTs and MAYBEs now to make sure I catch everything i can.

Transepoch, which version of Control4s OS are you running? The latest KS driver is 1.7 are you running that?

Sounds like there maybe a bug in the Android app rather than with the KS driver.

Version 2.2.4 per the remote (would've sworn 2.3)... don't have access at the moment to my archive, but K-1.7 is a few years old, so it's probably what I've got in there right now.

Certainly a possibility, as the Home app has gone through various revisions that at different times have or have not had a problem with using the older one.

Back