• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Replicating to a Cinema One

If you are worried that if you clear the log you may not be able to edit the movies - this will not be a problem since you can edit movies details from the movies tab in the same way.

I hope I am answering your question on this.

John

That's the issue. The new C1 does not have any of the same web pages as the premier line. The only thing you can access is the import log. There is no movies tab.

I know Kaleidescape and I know there's a way, but I am curious how if I were to clear the log. I'll probably load one I know will need editing next, clear the log, and then report back.

Kevin D.

Ok. We're good.

I imported a home movie disc which created the "Enter Movie Details" option in the import log.

I clicked the clean up button, which prompted a "One or more discs need attention" prompt.

I entered some movie details and hit clean up again. Looks like the only thing the clean up button does is remove any un-successful or invalid imports. IE, aborted by user, reboot in progress, movie deleted, etc. Any successful imports that are still in the system remain in the log.

Kevin D.

Sorry to bring this thread up from the dead but I am considering getting a cinema one to take with me when traveling for the summer. I have a 3u and want to make sure that nothing would happen to my 3u grandfather status and Disney import status when replicating to a cinema one. Would I need to get a grandfathered cinema one to replicate my 3u to? Or will the cinema one automatically get the grandfathered status from my 3u?

Back