• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

replaced router and issue

giri

I replaced tp link to eero. I am able to see dune,receiver, projector connected through wire. I can't see kscape. How do I access it. I tried http://my-kaleidescape/, but can't get anything. I might have given static ip and it is not valid anymore as it is 192.168.4 instead of 192.168.68(tplink). Appreciate it.

Last edited:
You can reset the devices to use DHCP by pressing the "network reset" button.

Here is the support article on how to reset the network settings back to DHCP:

Note, however that most Premiere servers don't have a network reset button so you'd need to reset the network via a serial port connection if you're talking about a 3U or 1U server. Instructions for that are at:

As you know the previous IP range, you can change your PCs IP address to something in the 192.168.4.x range and then you should be able to access the K-gear (but only that). Then you should be able to get access via my-kaleidescape and change the static ips of the devices.

Here is the support article on how to reset the network settings back to DHCP:

Note, however that most Premiere servers don't have a network reset button so you'd need to reset the network via a serial port connection if you're talking about a 3U or 1U server. Instructions for that are at:
Appreciate. I can access now. Next time, i will remember to make it dhcp before changing any router.

On another question, how do I restart or shutdown gracefully?

@giri, one other thing that you should consider -- rather than assigning a static IP address on the Kaleidescape component, it's much better to configure your DHCP server to assign a known address to components that may need it. Different routers use different terminology for this feature, so I'm not sure what the eero calls it. One question that should also be answered: do you really need a specific IP address for your components? Some people may, e.g. for certain control systems, but in many cases it's not necessary and can cause issues, as you've discovered.

There’s probably several terms, but most common is “DHCP reservation“. All of my equipment that requires a fixed address use this from my router…

I've used an Eero system for several years with my K gear and it works great. To make a reservation, you go to Settings > Network settings > Reservations & port forwarding. Once there, tap on Add a reservation and select the device on your network you want to give the fixed address to. I have a few devices where I've done this for my control system and because I like knowing where everything is at on my network (yes I'm a dork 🤓), and I've never had an issue.

Now, here is the warning from my experience. In the interest of being user-friendly, Eero makes it simple (with like 2 taps) and defaults the fixed address to the DHCP address that is assigned to the device when you select it (from the steps above). This means if you don't select that field and change the IP address to something outside your DHCP range, you are going to lose one of the addresses in your range. This also assumes that Eero will never assign some other device the same DHCP address. You may not care about losing a DHCP address, but you should care about the potential of having duplicate IP addresses - they can be a PITA 🤬. I definitely recommend mapping out your network and choosing a free IP address outside your DHCP range if you decide to go down this path.

Good luck!
Andy

Back