• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Remotescape on sale: 25% off, Jun 20-26th, 2011

I bought the iPad version, so now I own both versions. Unfortunately I had to suffer the Apple Australian App store "discounted" price of $190 AUD (= $200 USD), ouch! It would be good if Remotescape could make the App icon slightly different for each version. Having two Remotescape icons on the iPad looking exactly the same leads to some confusion when choosing which app to start.

It would be good if Remotescape could make the App icon slightly different for each version. Having two Remotescape icons on the iPad looking exactly the same leads to some confusion when choosing which app to start.

Is there a specific reason you still want the iPhone app on your iPad? I think the common solution is to just remove the iPhone app from your iPad once you purchase the iPad app.
--Dan.

Is there a specific reason you still want the iPhone app on your iPad? I think the common solution is to just remove the iPhone app from your iPad once you purchase the iPad app.
--Dan.

My iPad is wall mounted in portrait, hence why I need the iPhone version...

There are other reasons why, at this point, I prefer to run the iPhone version (in 2X mode) on the iPad over the native iPad version. Particularly because the transport control icons are much larger (17mm width in iPhone 2X mode compared against 8mm width in iPad version), the coverart showing in "playing now" is slightly larger as well, the five mode buttons at the bottom of the screen are much larger (23mm compared with 15mm), and the text font is at least double the size.

Where the iPad version stands out is the resolution of the graphics in coverart view, but for us the resolution of the iPhone version on iPad is still quite OK. Functionality wise with young kids, the larger icons and easier to read text, and support for portrait mode, means 99% of the time we run the iPhone Remotescape version on the iPad.

Back