• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Remotescape Network Problem?

Steven

Hi,

I don't really know how to title this thread, because I don't understand what could be happening....

For quite some time, I've had a problem with my system starting to 'skip' while playing a movie. It gets a jitter and the audio sort of skips around. It's hard to explain, but I've posted about it before. At that time, most people thought that it was some sort of network issue, which it could still be at this point. However, I found out the combination of things happening that creates the issue, and it is related to using the Remotescape application on an iPhone or an iPad.

I have a Crestron touch panel that I usually use for control, but it had a bad battery, and when it was low, I'd pull out the apple device for control. I figured out that every time my system had the above problem, I had one of those devices out working. Then as soon as it happened, if I turned off the device, it cleared up. It is quite consistent.

So o.k., call me nuts, but has anyone else heard of this?

Thanks, Steven

There was a minor "bug" found that causes what you are describing in player's that playback BR content for extended periods of time. The bug has been fixed as part of the latest KEAOS update. If you have the latest update, and still have the problem then it is obviously a different issue, if you contact K Support they can look at your system and determine if it is a K component or your network. (I experienced this as well, and one thing that did sometimes help was to unplug the Player for a few minutes to clear the Player. I can personally confirm the "fix" works because I've had zero playback issues since the update.)

Jim

As Jim says the new software environment seems to have resolved this issue, certainly for BR playback. I was to understand it was content specific, manifesting itself in the way described (it wasn't related to Remotescape). The fix wasn't trivial and quite a bit of effort was devoted by the Kaleidescape Engineering boffins (in Canada?) into solving the problem.

However I am, or rather was, at some point, seeing minor CD playback issues, such as random track skipping and the like, which I describe as if there was a monkey in the room playing with the >> and << buttons on the remote. As well as random audio fade-outs of short duration. I'm still trying to get a handle on those....there were a couple of days late last month where the problem was quite pronounced, but more recently things have settled down considerably.

I don't have BR on my system yet, so it isn't related to that. I guess I need to contact support. Do you think that they would need a time of day that it happens or something? I can pretty much replicate the problem on demand at this point. I just cannot figure out why it would happen only with iDevices.....

Back