• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Remote question

ukcanuk

Hi All,

Hoping someone may have some insight regarding an issue I’ve encountered with my “new style” KScape remote (the black one).

For some reason, having worked perfectly since purchase in August, it now requires me to press a button twice (seems to affect all buttons).

Feels like I’ve somehow pressed a random combination of keys that has triggered this - anyone have any thoughts how to resolve?

Thanks very much!

Well, that has a couple of us scratching our heads a bit. Just to be sure that you haven't accidentally put the remote into some strange mode,
there is a way to factory reset the remote.
  1. Hold [Select] + [Menu] for 3 seconds, the LED should become solid red
  2. Release those buttons
  3. Press [Back] 3 times
  4. The LED should flash a couple times
Hopefully that will resolve it!

Well, that has a couple of us scratching our heads a bit. Just to be sure that you haven't accidentally put the remote into some strange mode,
there is a way to factory reset the remote.
  1. Hold [Select] + [Menu] for 3 seconds, the LED should become solid red
  2. Release those buttons
  3. Press [Back] 3 times
  4. The LED should flash a couple times
Hopefully that will resolve it!
Hi Mike, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Unfortunately (having tried it twice) the reset hasn’t fixed the issue. ☹️

Hm. Have you rebooted the player? It's possible that it has gotten into some strange state.

Hm. Have you rebooted the player? It's possible that it has gotten into some strange state.
I’ve done both a soft reset (via the web interface) and hard reset (remove power), along with another reset of the remote and the issue persists. Very strange, but not the end of the world as the remote still works, albeit in a somewhat inconvenient manner. Thanks again for taking the time to share suggestions.

At the risk of asking an insulting question, have you tried fresh batteries?

As for the first button press being ignored, does the length of the press have any effect. For example, instead of just pressing and releasing "Play", what happens if you press and hold "Play" for a few seconds?

Is the IR going directly to the KPlayer's IR receiver on the front panel (i.e. line of sight) or are you using some sort of repeater setup that receives and routes the IR into a cabinet or different room? If the latter, it would be interesting to try this strictly line-of-sight. If the remote is already line-of-sight, does the distance from the player have any effect?

Have you got another remote handy that can control your Kaleidescape player? If so, give that second remote a try. If the player responds correctly, that would help narrow down the problem to an issue with the KREMOTE-40 itself.

It would also be interesting to know if the remote is actually emitting an IR signal on each button press or only the second one. If you point the remote at the camera on your cell phone, when you press a button you should be able to see the IR emitter flashing. While this wouldn't tell us what actual IR code is being transmitted, it would confirm that the remote is sending something with each button press.

But as Mike has already recommended, you should definitely contact Support for this one.

Thanks for the suggestions, a number of which I’ll try out tonight.

Batteries is a good question, and the first thing I changed. The remote is line of site to the player.

As for the rest of the points, I’ll work through them ahead of raising a ticket to support.

Thanks again to everyone who has offered suggestions. I’ve been using the remote the past few days (having to double press each time) and then it suddenly decided to go back to normal behaviour, with nothing obvious that I might have done to resolve it. One to keep an eye on, but just pleased it’s back to normal.

Glad to hear it's working correctly, but that was a headscratcher for sure.

Jim

Back