• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Remote control

cinesam

I got my Strato C and Terra yesterday and set it up. I am using my Android phone as the remote and it is working as expected. I also want to use my iPad as a remote but have connectivity issue. When I try to connect a dialog box says “ No Kaleidesape players were found on your network. If you know the IP address of your K server….enter below”. When I enter the IP address same dialog box comes on. The buttons at the bottom such as Browse, Search, etc., are working. What can I do to resolve this? I need a second remote for the others in the family.
Also, are physical remotes available?

1. There are definitely hard remotes. I don't have a Strato C but my two Stratos both came with hard remotes. You should follow-up with your dealer to ensure you get one.
2. I think you have some kind of network issue with your iPad. I don't normally use the Kscape app on an iPad for a remote but I installed it on an iPad and mine had no problem finding the two Stratos on my network.
3. The buttons you refer too across the bottom are mostly for navigating the Kscape store. The only one that matters in your use case is the middle one labeled remote.

I believe that new Stratos no longer come with a remote. They can be purchased separately. SJ

Correct, K no longer supplies the handheld remote control with Strato players It was determined that most owners use a 3rd party control system or one of the Apps. They are available as a separate purchase for $39, contact your dealer.

Jim

So I tried a different iPad and it worked! I will get a physical remote for my wife.

Does K automatically upconvert HD to a higher video format?

The problem you're having with your first iPad is almost 100% guaranteed to be one of Apple's recent security changes, where they display a dialog to users the first time an app tries to access the local area network, asking if you give permission for it to do so. If you decline, then the app just doesn't see anything on the network. It's super easy to just click past this dialog without really recognizing what it's asking, and then you've inadvertently turned off network access to the app.

To fix this, on your iPad, go to the Settings app, scroll down to "Kaleidescape", open that item, and make sure that the slider to enable local network access is turned on.

My K system didn’t come with a physical remote and I have been using the app which works perfectly. Last week I got a physical remote but it does not work. Almost as if K does not recognize the remote. Do I have to enable the remote in any of the set up menus?

My K system didn’t come with a physical remote and I have been using the app which works perfectly. Last week I got a physical remote but it does not work. Almost as if K does not recognize the remote. Do I have to enable the remote in any of the set up menus?
It should be enabled by default, but you can check.

Go to the browser interface for your system, and click the Settings tab. That should take you to the Components sub-tab by default.

Scroll down to your player, and click the Settings button. A popup window will open.

Click the Control tab at the top of that window.

Make sure both Kenwood and Toshiba are checked.

Our remote uses IR codes from one or the other of those, and to be honest, I forget which. No harm in turning them both on.Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 6.33.58 PM.png

Back