• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Ratings & Better iTunes Integration

AnOutsider

I find myself using my music more and more these days. I actually use the music part of kscape more than the movies...

To that end... It gets a bit annoying trying to quickly pick a genre or artist to play and get a nice continuous stream of music I want to hear -- this is especially important say in the shower...

If Kscape allowed you to rate individual songs, and then make a playlist of your top rated, or even just give your top-rated songs a higher priority when listening to a genre or an artist collection, I think that would go a long way to help the issue.

Taking it further... does the iTunes integration have to be one-way? If I rate a track in iTunes that kscape actually added into iTunes, can the rating be relayed back to kscape? We know the conductor keeps track of the files it adds to iTunes (since it does update metadata when it changes), so why not periodically check the rating change?

Maybe I'm in a small minority here since I suppose most focus on the movie side of things, but the music has so much potential.

I don't think you're alone here... those are great requests. And you'll find several members here who focus far more on the music side than the movie side.

I agree there's a lot of untapped potential. One need only to demo the excellent Sonos system to see how this can be done better. It does take too much effort to get a mood, or artist, or genre going... and it certainly could be improved.

As for two-way itunes integration, many of us are quite optimistic this will come now that DRM is finally being removed from itunes. We can hope...

I wouldn't even need it to copy iTunes music back into the system... just acknowledge my ratings on media it IS aware of and perhaps the playlists that I make. Sounds simple enough.

Back