• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Rack Space Between Equipment

superpoppa

Hello,

New to the forum, wanted to ask if any folks on here know of any technical requirements in terms of rack space when installing a Strato (C or S) and a Terra.

In other words, do any of you place your Strato directly on top of a Terra? Do any of you have the Terra with other equipment installed less than or equal to 1RU of it (top or bottom)?

I have limited rack space but do have active cooling in my rack. It’s also in a cool room in the basement. I noticed there are no top vents on K so wanted to check with other owners if it’s ok to stack things closer together.

Currently everything is separated by a 2RU blank which to me is ideal but not possible if I add in K.

I only use 1RU between components, with exception to amps and my Torus Power Isolation transformers that have 2RU between components, but I'm using 3 racks. My Strato-C players are wall mounted behind displays using the K Wall Mount designed for that purpose (I prefer shorter HDMI runs to those displays). My Terra's are stacked in the rack with 1RU space in between, and never have any issues with heat. You can stack the Terra's together, but I prefer 1RU between units when possible (not required, personal preference).

Jim

Kaleidescape devices are designed to have an airflow from front to rear. There are no vents on top of or underneath our devices. It is perfectly fine to mount our devices in a rack with no space between them as long as you have suitable clearance in front of, beside, and behind the units.

I was going to provide a link to our Environmental specs but @AlienWarlock already did. :)

Back