• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

quick question regarding imported Bluray content: play disc vs Play movie

nsxboy

I have a quick question regarding an experience I currently have on content that is ingested in by my current 3U / M700 Kscape setup over the weekend.

I recently imported a number of movies that post M700 carousel ingestion, ended up with the play disc option instead of the play movie menu option when you go into the movie title from the main screen. The imports were all successful according to the console.

Three of these are: John Wick 3, Thor The Dark Worlds, Iron Man 2.

Can anyone let me know how to get them to get the play movie option back on these movies?

Thank you!

When you don't see the 'Play Movie' option, that particular disc has NOT been bookmarked by the K movie guide team. This means they have not marked the beginning and end points of the movie (to get the 'Play Movie') option, or any favorite scenes, and potentially there is no cover art or even detailed information (e.g., director, actors, rating, running time, etc.). In the case of popular titles like what you are seeing, it is most likely that your discs are an alternate pressing of the disc.

To resolve your issue and get the 'Play Movie' option, the K team will need to physically have your disc to create all the bookmarking. It is best to reach out to your dealer or K directly and see what is required to make this happen. They may need you to send them the discs, or they may be able to obtain them another way. The challenge is that sometimes the studios have many pressings of a single title and each one is seen as a completely different "movie" in the K movie database. If they cannot source the exact version you have, there is no way to add the bookmarks.

Keep in mind if you are seeing cover art and other movie details it is likely that someone else imported the same pressing of the disc on their system and reported the issue, and K added the details to the database. For the bookmarking, a physical disc is required.

Good luck,
Andy

Thanks Andy for the quick response. I really appreciate it! Given that these 3 titles are popular titles, and they have cover art and were identified as the proper pieces of content. The next step is to reach out to Kscape and see if they can match those and apply the proper bookmarks?

Have you had experience to see how long it usually takes?

Thanks,

Mike

It really depends on their backlog of titles, but in some cases they can source the correct version of the disc themselves and expedite the process. Best to reach out and inquire direct with them... anything I tell you is just a guess.

Thanks Andy. I just sent a quick note to the support team and will let you know what they come back with.

Back