• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Questions on Strato

naylorman32

hey guys -

Question for the Strato. I previously saw some models (not sure how far back this goes) had the ability to put a custom animated intro to movies before they started. Does the Strato still have this ability?

Also- i'm waiting on my Vault, but is it possible to remove the top Bluray ribbon on the movies that are located in the vault from my covers view? I just think it looks cleaner if everything is the same (digital downloads + blurays).

Thanks!

-Sean

Hello Sean,

I hope you are enjoying your new Strato so far. To answer your questions:

1. Playing a movie with a custom introduction was achieved by making use of Scripts which is a feature of our Premiere systems. Scripts are not supported on Encore systems.

2. There is no setting to turn on or off the Blu-ray cover art treatment. You can, however replace the cover art images with ones you supply yourself by editing each movie via the browser interface. On the Movies tab, click the title of the movie, and in the resulting popup window, click the "Edit Movie Details" button. At the bottom of the page is an "Upload Cover Art" option.

Hope this helps.

Hello Sean,

I hope you are enjoying your new Strato so far. To answer your questions:

1. Playing a movie with a custom introduction was achieved by making use of Scripts which is a feature of our Premiere systems. Scripts are not supported on Encore systems.

2. There is no setting to turn on or off the Blu-ray cover art treatment. You can, however replace the cover art images with ones you supply yourself by editing each movie via the browser interface. On the Movies tab, click the title of the movie, and in the resulting popup window, click the "Edit Movie Details" button. At the bottom of the page is an "Upload Cover Art" option.

Hope this helps.

Thanks John! I will check it out. Will scripts eventually be supported? I just thought that was a cool feature when I saw a youtube clip of it.

Thanks John! I will check it out. Will scripts eventually be supported? I just thought that was a cool feature when I saw a youtube clip of it.

I agree!

For example, I would love to be able to put together an Atmos or DTS:X demo using scripts. An alternate suggestion I made was being able to tag scenes (e.g., Atmos, Film Classics, Sumptuous Visuals, Sci-Fi Action, Deep Space, Mafia Moments) and have themed collections of scenes at our fingertips.

Either way - a fun way to demonstrate Kaleidescape...and the home theater!

I agree!

For example, I would love to be able to put together an Atmos or DTS:X demo using scripts. An alternate suggestion I made was being able to tag scenes (e.g., Atmos, Film Classics, Sumptuous Visuals, Sci-Fi Action, Deep Space, Mafia Moments) and have themed collections of scenes at our fingertips.

Either way - a fun way to demonstrate Kaleidescape...and the home theater!

Seconded on this!!!

Maybe if you have a remote system that supports macros you could have the intro on another source that will only play the intro. The remote macro runs that intro, then it would go into the K input to run the movie on the K player.

John, feedback for Kaleidescape- I think you really should have a selection of custom intros for owners- its a product differentiator over competing solutions.

Hey Jerry,

Once upon a time, we did offer custom intros -- we would even do personalized ones with the person's name in it or whatever.

I don't think they sold very well, though.

I'm interested to know what sort of intro you'd be interested in. Maybe there's something that would work.

Hey Jerry,

Once upon a time, we did offer custom intros -- we would even do personalized ones with the person's name in it or whatever.

I don't think they sold very well, though.

I'm interested to know what sort of intro you'd be interested in. Maybe there's something that would work.

I definitely think the intro's would be a cool idea.

If by default the sound cross faded between clips and the image faded out to black and back that would be cool too.

I had the Kaleidescape custom intros - still do in fact. I also have a custom one for my business, but for as nice as it is to see my logo pop up on the screen, one of the great things about the Kaleidescape is skipping all that crap from the studios. To replace it with my own crap just doesn't really do it. I don't need to advertise my own theater to myself so I don't want to see it when I watch films myself. That just leaves it as an ego thing to push on my guests. Sure, it is cool but does it add value to the experience a guest in your house experiences when watching a movie?

The only part of scripting I liked enough to use were the following:

Playing trailers for other films before the main movie started.
Stitching together a series of favorite scenes to showcase an actor, genre, director or running theme.
Setting the theater to run trivia until a set time, at which point the movie would start for a movie party for my kids or for friends to make it feel more like a commercial theater.

I wanted to set a series of favorite scenes for Star Wars Ep 1 that essentially were the entire movie except when Jar Jar Binks was doing something on screen or speaking. When stitched together, he is essentially edited out of the film. I never actually did it though.

Other people may have used scripting more and/or the custom intros but I never found much value in the custom intros. I did find some value in the scripts.

bringing this thread back to life a bit as ironically enough- my girlfriend last night said it would be cool if there was some sort of movie countdown intro like they have in the movie theaters. i'd definitely pay for this feature.

I missed the response to the thread. Thanks guys!

I think you'd want to have some kind of movie theater style opening that says "Welcome to the ___ theater!" It might be nice to have a few current coming attractions which could be downloaded automatically.. Maybe a DD or DTS brief intro? I think the custom intros offered were cool for back in the mid 2000s but now Id expect them to be 1080P or maybe even 4k for the new system.

I wouldn't expect it to be free, but I also don't think it should be too expensive.

Back