• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Question to the community -How many of you use conventional TVs vs. projector screens?

I really want to see the TCL X955 in person. Also the LG G3. CIH front projection is a bit of a hassle without spending big bucks on a video processor and anamorphic lens, but my room is height limited so that is the best way to maximize screen size.

Have Stratos for both our theater (projector) and our family room (65" OLED). I would say we use the family room a bit more....

A pretty old (7.5 years) 65" Samsung TV only. Might upgrade with Black Friday, but will be another TV. The room is too small to warrant a projector

A pretty old (7.5 years) 65" Samsung TV only. Might upgrade with Black Friday, but will be another TV. The room is too small to warrant a projector
Do you still see the benefit of Kaleidescape on a smaller screen? Or do you have an incredible audio system that really comes to life with Kaleidescape? Just curious.

Do you still see the benefit of Kaleidescape on a smaller screen? Or do you have an incredible audio system that really comes to life with Kaleidescape? Just curious.

The difference with streaming is considerable in video and audio both. Compared to 4K Discs it's smaller, but not having to deal with discs is a huge plus.
Can't imagine the improvement if I upgrade to a new OLED screen, maybe 77" if it fits on the furniture

We have been a Kaleidescape dealer for nearly 20 years. In the past, it was mostly installed in rooms with projectors and mostly Dedicated theaters. The last 3 years we are seeing 75% going to homes with TV only displays and 25% going to projector rooms.

150” 2.35 screen with a JVC NX7, but will probably buy a Strato C in the future for my 77” G3 in the Living Room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Media Room - JVC NZ 7 with an anamorphic lens, MadVR extreme, and 141-inch CIH Two way masking 2.4 screen
Master Bedroom - 120-inch Hisense UST
Wife's Parents Bedroom - 77-inch LG OLED
Guest Bedroom - 75-inch Roku QLED TV (replacing Samsung 65-inch)

Media Room - JVC NZ 7 with an anamorphic lens, MadVR extreme, and 141-inch CIH Two way masking 2.4 screen
Master Bedroom - 120-inch Hisense UST
Wife's Parents Bedroom - 77-inch LG OLED
Guest Bedroom - 75-inch Roku QLED TV (replacing Samsung 65-inch)
Oh my god...and you have a separate Strato set up for each room. Amazing. This is an elaborate setup. You must really like your wife's parents ;)

Back