• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Question to the community -How many of you use conventional TVs vs. projector screens?

Sonicom

Kscape Users,
I am just curious...what is the smallest size screen that you are all using with a Kaleidescape? Obviously, the Kaleidescape market leans toward those who are using projectors and screens; I myself am using an 85" Sony Television. I am curious how many other people use a conventional TV as the main part of their Kaleidescape rig...or am I an outlier?

Cheers,
Michael

Projector in my HT. If I could get a cord to my the TV in our living room I’d add a player there as well, but getting the cable to the needed location would be very difficult.

If our clients are any indication, then there are more TV's than projectors being used with K. We also have many clients using K with both displays (myself included). I think the reason there are more projection setups being discussed in Forums is because we are the movie enthusiast crowd, we want to replicate the theater experience in our homes, and that means using very large screens. Now that flat panels are in the 100" range, and are actually affordable, many people are happy with using these new displays versus projection. In the last month we've sold more of Sony's new 98" display than projectors (although we're waiting on the release of these panels expected very soon).

So, @Sonicom, you're not an outlier.

Jim

Sony projector in the theater but we do have a second system in our family room with a 45" Samsung LED (I know, I know, but my wife is insistent on keeping all the equipment in an enclosed cabinet, including the monitor, and that was the biggest that would fit!).

If our clients are any indication, then there are more TV's than projectors being used with K. We also have many clients using K with both displays (myself included). I think the reason there are more projection setups being discussed in Forums is because we are the movie enthusiast crowd, we want to replicate the theater experience in our homes, and that means using very large screens. Now that flat panels are in the 100" range, and are actually affordable, many people are happy with using these new displays versus projection. In the last month we've sold more of Sony's new 98" display than projectors (although we're waiting on the release of these panels expected very soon).

So, @Sonicom, you're not an outlier.

Jim
Interesting, than you for this level of detail. So, you switch off between displays or you use more than one player--one for each display?

Interesting, than you for this level of detail. So, you switch off between displays or you use more than one player--one for each display?
I have 5 flat panels and my theater projector (Sony GTZ380) in my main house, and a few flat panels in my other homes (only visit occasionally). There is also a PJ in one of those homes. Yes, separate players for each display.

Jim

Kscape Users,
I am just curious...what is the smallest size screen that you are all using with a Kaleidescape? Obviously, the Kaleidescape market leans toward those who are using projectors and screens; I myself am using an 85" Sony Television. I am curious how many other people use a conventional TV as the main part of their Kaleidescape rig...or am I an outlier?

Cheers,
Michael
I use Sony 83. This size fits my room

Original unit was bought to pair with my projector in the theatre room, but since I already had all the Cat5 cables run throughout the house, I've since bought other Strato, Alto, and Cinema One units for multiple TV's throughout the house.

Agreed, not an outlier. I am currently using an 85" Sony TV myself and have for several years. It works for me. Nothing wrong with projectors, just what works for me.

Back