• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Question about Strato integration with grandfathered KServer

dFs

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
Hi.

I was reading the documentation for Strato and Premiere integration via Co-Star. And from my understanding;

- They mention that one could choose to keep the imported Blu-ray data on the Premiere servers [while keeping the discs in a disc vault to be playable], but one could also choose to move that data [while keeping the discs in a disc vault to be playable] to the Strato to benefit from its better upscaling.

My question is about grandfathered KServers with imported DVDs.

- Can one also have the imported DVD data on the grandfathered server moved to a Strato and be playable, in order to benefit from Strato's better upscaling too?

Thank you for your time and help.

A Strato is not capable of importing content from discs (Blu-ray or DVD). Encore systems (Strato and Alto) catalog content to add it to the local library and then play the content directly from the disc (usually housed in a DV700 vault for best experience).

The Strato is also unable to play disc-based Blu-ray content. In fact, Blu-ray disc content that has been cataloged (by an Alto in the system) does not even appear on the OSD of a Strato.

In a Co-Star setup, the best practice is to leave the disc-based content on the Premiere server. It will appear in the unified library view of the Strato but when playback is initiated, it is played by the M-class player (M500, M300, M700) that has been paired to the Strato.

For a purely Encore-based solution, if you need to support disc playback, you would Co-Star pair a Strato with an Alto and link a DV700 vault. The DVDs and Blu-ray discs would be cataloged and housed in the vault and playback of them would be done by the Alto.

A Strato is not capable of importing content from discs (Blu-ray or DVD). Encore systems (Strato and Alto) catalog content to add it to the local library and then play the content directly from the disc (usually housed in a DV700 vault for best experience).

The Strato is also unable to play disc-based Blu-ray content. In fact, Blu-ray disc content that has been cataloged (by an Alto in the system) does not even appear on the OSD of a Strato.

In a Co-Star setup, the best practice is to leave the disc-based content on the Premiere server. It will appear in the unified library view of the Strato but when playback is initiated, it is played by the M-class player (M500, M300, M700) that has been paired to the Strato.

For a purely Encore-based solution, if you need to support disc playback, you would Co-Star pair a Strato with an Alto and link a DV700 vault. The DVDs and Blu-ray discs would be cataloged and housed in the vault and playback of them would be done by the Alto.

The Strato still plays DVDs from the vault. The Alto plays the blurays unless this has changed recently.... SJ

Thanks a lot, I think I got it now.

From reading your replies and from others, I know where my confusion was. So one's options if they want to play their Premiere server content after buying a Strato are:

One's disc-based movies on their Premiere server, via "Digital Offers" (if available), can buy, then download the movie from the 'Movie Store' into their Strato and now they would benefit from it's better upscaling.

Or delete downloaded movies on their Premiere server and re-download them onto their Strato player.

And NOT that the Strato can directly play disc nor imported disc. But via Co-Star, one can have access to their Strato & Premiere content in a unified OSD.

Thanks again.

Back