• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Question about defining time frame for new import to remain in NEW collection

brodricj

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
When I view "NEW" collection in the web interface the list goes back many years. How do I define the time range for a new import to remain in the new collection?

When I view "NEW" collection in the web interface the list goes back many years. How do I define the time range for a new import to remain in the new collection?
Settings > General in the WebUI for Premiere. Doesn't look like there is a similar setting for on the Encore side, short of selecting a bunch and hitting the button to move them to Played.

For albums you have the option to define how long to keep an imported CD in the NEW collection. But I don't see that for movies. My system says I have 700+ new movies in the NEW collection and that is just ridiculous. There have only been 5 imported movies in the past 7 months.

The Encore never had the option to limit the New titles with a time limit. However, now that they have added the “Played” collection once you have played a movie it disappears from the New collection and shows up in the Played collection.

You can also go in to the web browser for the Strato/Terra system and mark titles as Played and they will no longer show up in the New collection.

John

Yes, that is what I am seeing. However for unknown reason I can't play my recent B-region imports. When I attempt to play they get taken out of the NEW collection but they won't play. I'd rather new imports stay in the NEW collection for a set time in the same way albums do. Or rather, give us the option to configure the behavior via the web interface.

I agree. I like the way it’s done on the Premiere systems where I can set A time limit for when to show as new.

John

It used to behave this way on Premiere, but now it doesn't.
On my-kaleidescape.local home page in the "New Movies" window it shows movies that were imported 5 years ago, and no movies which were imported 5 minutes ago.

On my-kaleidescape.local home page in the "New Movies" window it shows movies that were imported 5 years ago, and no movies which were imported 5 minutes ago.
To be clear, is the 5 minutes ago thing because you tried to play it and it was unsuccessful?

Back