• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Q: Must complete store be migrated to Encore storage

Peter Nielsen

Hello,

I'm considering getting a Strato and I'm wondering if *all* movies in the KScape store need to be migrated to Encore storage and fit onto this, or is it possible to configure it so that only newly purchased material (UHD etc.) goes to Encore storage.

I have about 500 Kscape store movies on my Premier, and if they all need to be moved to the Strato, I'm afraid that they will fill up the Strato and I need to get a Terra and StratoC instead, which of course is a much bigger investment… Oh, no, actually I would need to get *two* StratoC (w/Co-star), since if the movies are removed from my Premier, then my second zone with Premier player would not be able to play them either.

I remember that this initially was the case, but maybe Kscape now has fixed things to where existing material can remain on the Premier and only newly purchased material goes to Encore?

If I can just get a Strato and start purchasing UHD from the store (without having to move all existing Kscape-store HD content from the Premier to the Encore), then I could go ahead and get a Strato tomorrow. If not, well I guess I'll just wait. A Terra, two StratoC, and two Co-stars is quite an investment...

Thanks,
Peter

Last edited:
Hi Peter,

Provided that you keep your Premiere system there is no need to migrate anything. And yes you can configure to which system the future downloads will go. In my case I have set-up the HD and SD downloads to go to my 3U servers and the UHD/HDR & Disney HD downloads go to my Terra servers. It's very easy to configure.
You will need to setup your future Strato as a second system in your account. After that you can either merge it with your Premiere system(doing that will require a Co-Star) or run it separately to a different HDMI input. I would personally recommend buying a Co-Star and merge your libraries under one system.

Enjoy !

Kostas

Aaah! So they did address that issue! Wonderful! So that means that I can simply get away with a Strato! I have a Radiance Pro in my HT, so I'll purchase the license instead of the physical co-star.

Thanks,
Peter

I would personally recommend buying a Co-Star and merge your libraries under one system.

I'd definitely want to do this for my HT. However, if I do this, can the M500 in my livingroom still access all content on the Premier system?

Thanks,
Peter

if I do this, can the M500 in my livingroom still access all content on the Premier system?

Thanks,
Peter

You must add a Strato C or another Strato and a Co-Star to your M500 in order to access your Encore’s system content.

You must add a Strato C or another Strato and a Co-Star to your M500 in order to access your Encore’s system content.

Yes, of course. But for now I would leave my living room HD-only (and not opt in for Disney), so I only need access to the Premier.

Let me rephrase my question:

Does "merge your libraries under one system" on the Strato+Costar+M500 in my HT mean that the Premier menu system no longer will be available on my second M500 in my living room, and I need a Strato to access the menus even if all I want to do is access media on the Premier?

Thanks,
Peter

I'd definitely want to do this for my HT. However, if I do this, can the M500 in my livingroom still access all content on the Premier system?

Thanks,
Peter

If the M500 in your living room remains unpaired with the Encore system, then it can access all the content of the Premiere system just fine. It can also access music if you have any on the system. I have something similar with two paired systems in my viewing areas and a separate M500 for music and some other content (region 2/B) not always playable on the paired system. Works great.

Wayne

One caveat, if you have CD’s on your Premiere system, you can’t access them via a Strato and co-star switch. You need to have an extra M series player to acces these CD’s.

John

Let me rephrase my question:

Does "merge your libraries under one system" on the Strato+Costar+M500 in my HT mean that the Premier menu system no longer will be available on my second M500 in my living room, and I need a Strato to access the menus even if all I want to do is access media on the Premier?

You can still use Premiere-only zones like you do today. When you pair the Encore and Premiere systems, you only lose direct access to the M-class player that gets paired to the Strato. For that zone, all access to your library is done through the Strato. In other zones, you can continue to use your Premiere players like normal (including for music if you care to do so).

Back