• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

"Putting out the trash"

brodricj

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Faced with a 99% full system and not wanting to marry my invalidated spare 1TB disc to the system, to free up capacity I've been deleting DVD versions of BR titles I have been importing since I bought the MDV. I'd rather not delete them because I still have a MP2, but I'll just persist until the 3TB's come out and then make the upgrade.
Which leads me to an interesting finding, I hadn't read about this before in the forum or elsewhere. I imported Amadeus Directors Cut on BR the other day, but before I could do that I needed to move both Amadeus DVD versions to the trash. I watched the movie last night, and the transfer is absolute rubbish. The DVD version looks and sounds much better than the BR version, so much so that I decided to delete it and move the DVD versions back into the Collection. Unfortunately the Directors Cut DVD version was no longer in the trash, it had obviously been consumed to fit the BR version. But the shorter DVD version was still in the trash, so I "un-trashed it". I then went to watch this movie but found only half of it was there! It seems that when the system is freeing up disc space it nibbles away at a title in the trash chapter by chapter until it's all gone, then it starts to nibble away at the next title, and so on. Rather than just delete the whole movie from the outset and dump it from the trash collection.
So now I'll need to re-import the DVD version via my MP2, which is no big deal, just wish I could drop a new 3TB file system into my server! Anyway, that's the discovery I thought I'd share....

Interesting observation. I would have thought a warning indication may have been given before content is deleted automatically even if it is in the trash.

I am heading towards 99% myself. I expect a lot of owners are only importing selectively whilst waiting for the arrival of larger drive sizes.

Agree... think I'm at the 95% mark already! But have yet to delete the sd-dvd versions (even some discs I have put on twice in sd-dvd format but the ksystem didn't pick up on it as they were R1 & R2!

And ofcourse, there are some BD's I totally regret buying like 'Battle of LA' which I must remove, delete and use as a coaster! (fortuneatley not got too many of those :rolleyes: ).

Pan.

Ps. Sim2 have a new 2.35.1 projector!! This is the start of something very very good indeed!!

Back