• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Projectors and Gaming

USAMP411

I have seen several users discussing their systems and include ps4/5 or Xbox one x/series x. I have Xbox Series X and PS4 currently paired to an Epson 5040UB. My entry level budget led me to the 5040UB and several articles hinted at its relatively low input lag in listing it as a good "gaming" projector. I still sometimes blame input lag on why I suck at video games, but in all seriousness I am wondering what true 4k projectors people are using for gaming and having some success!! Because of my not so 4k projector, I am not sure that I am benefitting from the Series X other than load times. Some have also suggested the 35 foot HDMI cable may be contributing to some lack of clarity/non functioning HDR. With the kind of theaters I am seeing here, what are your opinions/suggestions on that long of an HDMI cable run?

Thanks for being such an awesome community!!

I use Ruipro in my setup as the rack is a log way from the cinema room and lounge where I do my main viewing. I had to change to these cables when I upgraded from HD to HDR as the original ones would not work with HDR.

Projectors are awesome for gaming. Using my room to play is great. If you need long runs, go for those fiber HDMI. I have a 40' HDMI 2.1 fiber cable in my house now and it works flawless all the way up to 48 Gbps signals.

Back