• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Problem reaching my Premiere 3U Server on the Network

Hi everybody,

I have a problem for two weeks now reaching my Premiere 3U Server in my Network. It is not showing up with any network scanner and I can not reach it with the IP address, that it has been set to for years. The funny thing is, that one disc vault still seems to be connected to it and also one M300 Player. The other 2 M500 player and the other disc vault are not able to reach the server (orange light). I can still play DVD and blu ray movies over the M300 Player with no problem at all. I exchanged the network cable, although this couldn't be the source of the problem, as one player is working. All components are in the same network and worked for years. I added three month ago a Strato S Player with a costar system, but the also worked for more then 2 month perfectly. Does anybody have any idea, of what I can do to fix the problem?

I appreciate any idea.

Kind regards

Dirk

Are all your devices set to DHCP or static IP? It is possible your router stopped handing out DHCP addresses. A reboot might fix it.

On the M300 that works, does the IP address shown under 'System-> Status-> System Summary-> Browser interface url' match what your server address should be?

Do all devices have a link light at the network jack? I guess it is also possible you could have developed some bad ports on your switch.

If your M300 is playing content on the 3U then this server has an IP address.

Back