• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Problem communicating with the hard disk drive

Hello -

First post here - looking to dip my toes into K-scape. Since my current projector is HD only, I purchased a used Alto. At boot attempt received the error message "Theirs is a problem communicating with the hard disk drive. Contact Kaleidescape Support." The indicators on the front panel show HDD and error icons.

Is there any recourse or is it a total loss?

Thx,
Max

kscape_error.jpeg

kscape_panel.jpeg

Out of interest did you buy this one from ebay?
I saw one on ebay not long ago and i sent the serial number to kscape support and they mentioned it has a hard drive issue.

Hello -

First post here - looking to dip my toes into K-scape. Since my current projector is HD only, I purchased a used Alto. At boot attempt received the error message "Theirs is a problem communicating with the hard disk drive. Contact Kaleidescape Support." The indicators on the front panel show HDD and error icons.

Is there any recourse or is it a total loss?

Thx,
Max

View attachment 4141

View attachment 4143
I say return it.

Out of interest did you buy this one from ebay?
I saw one on ebay not long ago and i sent the serial number to kscape support and they mentioned it has a hard drive issue.

Yes, it was from eBay. That was a good call on your part - I hadn’t considered it. The seller is accepting the return for a refund.

I’m not considering the other Alto on eBay, being sold by a dealer in Oklahoma.

Alto seems like the right entry point to try out Kscape.

Yes, it was from eBay. That was a good call on your part - I hadn’t considered it. The seller is accepting the return for a refund.

I’m not considering the other Alto on eBay, being sold by a dealer in Oklahoma.

Alto seems like the right entry point to try out Kscape.

If you just want to get into the platform to try it out, you might want to consider an used Strato S.

Contact K support. Maybe they can shed some light on the history of the unit that might help you out. No guarantees but worth a shot.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back