• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Premier Software upgrade to 8.0.0-17584 on September 5

Co-Star integration required Premiere software 6.6.xxx and Encore software 7.6.xxx. Now, with both updating again (8.0.0-17584 and 10.0.0-17603 respectively), either it is refinements to those versions or maybe it is leading up to something else new.:)

I guess we will have to wait and see.

Wayne

The 6.6 and 7.6 releases were for the beta of Co-Star. The 8.0 and 10.0 releases are the full rollout of Co-Star functionality, plus various other bug fixes and performance improvements.

The 6.6 and 7.6 releases were for the beta of Co-Star. The 8.0 and 10.0 releases are the full rollout of Co-Star functionality, plus various other bug fixes and performance improvements.
Hi Mike - were you guys able to get the fix for the atmos audio track default "stickiness" (Game of Thromes) in to 8.0/10.0?

Hi Mike - were you guys able to get the fix for the atmos audio track default "stickiness" (Game of Thromes) in to 8.0/10.0?

What is stickiness? I had three dropouts while playing Ghost in a Shell from my Alto. They seemed to happen primarily after a movie pause, but could be wrong. This is playing from my Alto/DV700. Has happened before (for me), but only Dolby Atmos. Never had an audio skip with DTS MA. A few of us have reported these over the last six months. Might be Disk related as one disk that I had did it often. I replaced the same disk with the HD copy I got from a 4K disk purchase and that one seems better. Strange.... SJ

Does the new software add an API that lets us use an existing switch (for example a Lumagen Radiance) instead of the Co-star? It seems ridiculous to have to spend $500 on a switch that serves nothing but to add more wiring and complexity to a system that already has switching capability.

I'm hoping the new software has an API that lets automation know what player to use so that automation can be programmed to let my Lumagen Radiance do the switching...

Hi Josh,

No, that issue is still under investigation. (For those who may be curious, there's an issue with some of the Game of Thrones Blu-ray discs where we are not automatically selecting the Atmos track even though we should.)

Peter, we don't plan to have such an API. We can't guarantee proper Co-Star functionality if people roll their own switching, so to ensure a good customer experience and avoid flooding our support team with calls to debug those installations, we are only supporting configurations we've tested.

With that said, stay tuned for some news on the Lumagen Radiance Pro front.

With that said, stay tuned for some news on the Lumagen Radiance Pro front.

I guess the switch won't be a problem if only switching is fast. Currently my Radiance Pro will take its good time to produce a picture when the input signal changes. If you're working with Lumagen to get switching between 1080p <=> 4K to work fast, then I guess the Co-Star will be a non-issue...

Mike, I noticed my 3U server is still on version 6.3.1. Is something needed to bring it up to the latest version?

These software rollouts usually take awhile to reach all systems, but will eventually reach your system. You could try to reboot your connection to K to see if that forces the download, but in any case should show up soon.

Jim

These software rollouts usually take awhile to reach all systems, but will eventually reach your system. You could try to reboot your connection to K to see if that forces the download, but in any case should show up soon.

Thanks Jim. That makes sense. BTW, I was wondering if there's a way to determine/see exactly how much space my current store downloads take up. I'm understanding that these purchases must be moved to the Strato or Terra. (If I find out that 20TB is more than enough, I guess I could use 2 Stratos to share all the content, right?)

Thanks Jim. That makes sense. BTW, I was wondering if there's a way to determine/see exactly how much space my current store downloads take up. I'm understanding that these purchases must be moved to the Strato or Terra. (If I find out that 20TB is more than enough, I guess I could use 2 Stratos to share all the content, right?)

Not anymore. Under the original plan it would, but with the new method, you only need UHD on the Encore, and Disney on the Encore or opt-in Premier. Otherwise, it is just a matter of coverage (Strato/Premier/Co-Star player on that output.)

Last edited:
Not anymore. Under the original plan it would, but with the new method, you only need UHD on the Encore, and Disney on the Encore or opt-in Premier. Otherwise, it is just a matter of coverage (Strato vs. Premier player on that output.)

Oh! That's good news, for sure. I guess I'll pick up a Strato and Co-star soon then... :)

Trans already answered the question, and he's correct. By going with a switching feature, as opposed to the original plan of full integration, we no longer have to move our store bought content to the Strato, and we do not need to opt-in to Disney (but frankly I think the argument against opting-in is getting weaker by the month, given the Disney releases we are seeing in the Store).

Jim

Trans already answered the question, and he's correct. By going with a switching feature, as opposed to the original plan of full integration, we no longer have to move our store bought content to the Strato, and we do not need to opt-in to Disney (but frankly I think the argument against opting-in is getting weaker by the month, given the Disney releases we are seeing in the Store).

I think this solution brings out the best of two worlds. If I got this right, we don't need to opt in on Disney on the Premier, but the Encore will automatically be opted in. For me this is definitely a win-win.

Curious. I'm a new owner of a used 3U. I've registered it with K but never opt in on Disney personally. If the previous owner did would that effect my system and how would I know of they did?

It's easy to test, just try importing a Disney movie by disc, or downloading from the Store. If the disc imports, you're not opted-in. If you can't download from the Store, you're not opted-in.

Jim

Curious. I'm a new owner of a used 3U. I've registered it with K but never opt in on Disney personally. If the previous owner did would that effect my system and how would I know of they did?

If you have newly registered your 3U with the K store then it is not opted-in to Disney downloads. You can confirm this by logging into your store account and navigating to the Account -> My Systems page and looking at the message beneath your system info.

When you are not opted in, it will read:

"This system does not currently support Disney downloads from the Kaleidescape Movie Store. Initiating the opt-in will walk you through the special terms and conditions necessary to enable Disney downloads for this system. (Learn more)"

and there will be an "Initiate Opt-in" button.

If you are opted in there will be no message and no "Initiate Opt-in" button.

Back