• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Premier imports

Vodder

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
New to Premiere stuff. I’m seeing a lot of discs in my vaults reporting they cant be imported as “system has no available storage”

there are 2 servers, one is full, the other has 10TB free. Home and import tabs says there is enough space for 200+ Blu-ray. The vault tab says not enough storage to continue importing.

any ideas?

Are the two servers configured as part of the same “system”?

John

Yes, all in one system. That system is then paired with my encore system.

it looks like it tries a couple of times and then moves on to the next one, however it hasn’t attempted anything in the last 9 hours.

last DVD import completed at 9:20pm, 2 before that reported no storage, yet 2 before that completed ok.

it then attempted 3 more, 2 of those twice, reported system has no storage since hasn’t attempted anything since.

I can't see from your signature what you have for Premiere servers. If I understand correctly, you have to have a 1U, 1U+, or 3U server to import the DVD and blu-ray content in the Premiere system. Do you have such a server?

Wayne

Hey Wayne, there’s a 30TB 1U+ with 10TB remaining, only had it a couple of days. I just hadn’t updated the signature yet :)

Hey Wayne, there’s a 30TB 1U+ with 10TB remaining, only had it a couple of days. I just hadn’t updated the signature yet :)
So, just to verify: The 1U+ server (and another Premiere server?), M700x2, possibly the DV700, KPlayer 6000, M300 and M500x2 are all configured together in a single Premiere system separate from the Encore system. All components should be seen properly on the component page of the settings tab. I know you have said that one server is full and the other has 10TB, but to help verify for us, what do the 2 servers report for available storage in GB and % on the component page?

The home and import tabs show space for 200+ blu-rays, but the vault tab has a message saying there is not enough space to continue importing. Personally, I have never seen such a message on the vault page, but perhaps this is because I have not run out of space or had the system think that is the case. It seems like the vaults are not seeing the available space on the one server. If I understand your first post, this system did work to import some of the discs in the vault and then stopped. Was this before or after the one server became full? Has the new server been registered with Kaleidescape as part of your system? Was it new or used when you got it? Empty of all content? To use up 20TB of storage in only a few days of ownership seems unusual.

When was the Co-Star installed? I can't see that this would make any difference, but perhaps separating the joined systems, restarting all components and then retrying the import process might trigger something to start working.

Sorry, but I cannot think of anything else.

Please keep us posted.

Wayne

Last edited:
Spitballing...

How many vaults are you trying to import from? They like to go 1:1 to maximize bandwidth, so it might be getting grumpy about trying to have multiple streams into the same one.

Also, is the vault(s) you are trying to import from currently associated with the Premiere or Encore side of the system?

@Vodder If you are so inclined, PM me the serial number of your servers. I'd like to take a look at the logs to see if I can figure out what's happening.

Hey all - hope you all had a great Christmas! Apologies for the delay in replying to everyone - it's been a tad hectic this end (2 year olds and flu bugs do not mix!)

So, cutting to the chase, after speaking to K Support, the crux of it is was the following:

My vaults used to be connected to my Encore system and discs cataloged. I then moved them to the Premier system, I then continued to "play" with the setup trying to understand what is and is not possible with the K environment, adding and removing vaults, discs, unpairing and repairing, etc.

Basically I confused the system so much I gave it a migraine :p

It is all working now but I had to:

• Clean up my Encore environment; removing all disc titles and also deleted any dupes of downloads I had
  • Empty all the discs from the Vaults that the system wanted to eject and reinsert those that had not cataloged
  • Empty the trash
  • Power cycle the components (I found I could just reset the Premier servers but had to power cycle the Vaults)

It did throw a mini wobbly on Boxing Day but I just repeated the above, where appropriate, and it's been fine since.

@Drhemi That is one heck of a setup you have there! :)

@J.Green I've PM'd you :)

Thanks all.

Back