• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Power Button for KPlayer 300?

ejfiii

Guys, is there some hidden power button for the Kplayer 300 mini 1080p player? I have two I am bringing onto a system that are plugged in, the network light is lit meaning its connected to the network, It grabs an internal IP address yet the blue lights on the front are off and I can't reach them through the server setup?

Seems simple but I con't find a power switch or similar solution anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

I figured it out guys. Early 300s shipped in standby mode. I had to find an ir remote to turn it on to give it an ip address.

Thanks.

If you don't have an IR remote handy but you *do* have a laptop, you can connect to the player on port 10000 and send a control protocol command to tell it to leave standby. For example, on a Mac, you open a terminal window and on the command line enter (without the quotes):
'nc {ip.addr.of.player} 10000'
'01/1/LEAVE_STANDBY:'

Back