• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Post-Bankruptcy Viability Poll #2: Kaleidescape Store Surcharge

What is most you'd pay, and in what format, to continue to have access to the download store?

• Nothing. I don't use, or am not interested in, the download store

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • $100 per year for access to store, same prices per movie as today

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • $250 per year for access to store, same prices per movie as today

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • $500 per year for access to store, same prices per movie as today

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • No subscription fee, but I'd pay 10% higher per-movie than today's prices

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • No subscription fee, but I'd pay 20% higher per-movie than today's prices

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Would you accept some form of higher pricing for the movie download store to ensure it is a viable service to run? Please vote above to express your preference and price tolerance.

This one is almost harder than the first.... K's store prices are already generally at or above market (for the items I've looked at.) However, the biggest proposition/differentiator to the way they did the store was including the bookmarks. In that regard, maybe some significant bundling discount for Movie Guide with store access would be reasonable or store-only access for slightly less than full Movie Guide access.

I am/was a dedicated user of the store, but I assumed that the income they made from the movie sales was adequate to support the store's maintenance. Now, I don't know how I feel about it. I would almost always buy a movie from the store vs alternatives, because I wanted to support K, but now, I might not do that. If the store could be kept open by our continued purchases, then I would definitely keep buying through it. I would have to decide, if presented the option, whether that option was worth even more of a premium, though I feel like I would be willing to support at least some fee or increase.

I would be up to paying a subscription price assuming it still supported UV to BD downloads. That is a real market differentiator for K. this also assumes some support for the Movie Guide.

I'm not sure that I'd pay anything to keep the Kscape store as currently configured. I've never bought a single movie from the store, though I have purchased over 250 disk-to-digital offers. And if there were a way that disk to digital could be expanded so that I could get K quality downloads, for a reasonable fee, for every movie that I own that is in the store (rather than just selected ones, but I don't care about Disney), I'd be happy to pay for that.

When store becomes available in switzerland with specific local content, I'm willing to pay 100$ a year, invest in new encore-line and and and :)

Back