• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

PLEASE HELP K VAULT ERROR

Status
Not open for further replies.
:)First I want to Thank everyone for there tips. A bit Thank You to Mark who E mailed me the instrutions to open the vault. For a first timer you have no clue without some instuctions. After this now, I have open and closed it so many times I think I could do it blind folded. So I will try to make this long story a short one. So where I left off was K told me to send it in it was done. 000 flashing to them meant nothing jammed but still trying to identiy the disc. I was so disapointed as it was out of warrenty and I had bought it used and only had it for 2 months. So I took Marks instructions and opened the vault. Took out all the bluerays and stacked them up. I put the vault back together and quickly plugged it in with my fingers crossed that it would work:(. Nope still flashing 000. I said well I guess that is it. I unpluged it and grabbed my stack of bluerays and started to put them back away into the cases. When I was done I had one empty case left and no disc:confused:. Looked all around the floor. Could if be stuck in the vault?? Quickly grabbed the vault and opened it again. Could not see not dice anywhere. Must be stuck inside the reader but could not see it. Tried to unplug the wire to the reader but was afraid of tearing or breaking them so just jiggle them a lot. opened the spring load white roller doors into the reader but nothing. :( Ok I guess it goes back to K with my Billy Joel live from shea disc in it. Put the vault back together and plug it in. Here some noises and then a loud bang:confused: Unplug it again and take it apart again. Hey there is my disc:) Take it out and put the vault back toghter again. Plud it in and NO FLASHING 000. :) Do a reinverntory (Thanks Jerry) never knew about that little tool. Ok everything looks great start loading disc backs in and bang.:confused: load another and bang:confused: Maybe one more time?? BANG:confused:. Unplug the vault take it apart again take the discs out and try to see where the bang is coming from

I cannot see anything. Ok this is wher it gets a little crazy. I carefully plug it in and load discs with the vault open and plugged in. Let me tell you that was not easy and I know what your thinking but I was a desprate man at this point. Load 5 discs and no noise or any banging. Everything works ok. Put the vault back together again and bang nosie when I load is back.:mad: WTF. Open the vault again and try to figure out where the bang is coming from. I thinking the disc has to be hitting the reader or it is not going all the way in and banging on the incoming door as the tray turns because the disc is not all the way in. AHH then it hits me. The instructions are to open the vault back to front at a angle so you can relase the corner clips. So I was putting it back togther the same way front first at a angle then lower the back to seal. But what was happening is on the feeder rolls where you insert the discs there is 2 pins the stick up and must insert into the top of the case. Because I was not putting the top straight down the pins where missing the whole and forcing the feeder rollers forward. So then when I did put in a disc it would not be all the way in when the tray would turn and bang. It would bend the disc and it would then pop out into the try.

So that was it. Have all the discs back in and did a reinventory and the system runs beauty again LOVE IT. So one of the coments from one of you was that some discs get jammed because they are a little thicker. That is exactly what happened here. The Billy Joel disc must have been a little thicker. I would like try and put it back in but I am scared right now. Just got it working and do not want to go throught this again. Although I know that vault inside and out now. You could time me like a pit crew. LOL. Anyways back in business and love my K system and a HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU. A EXTRA ONE TO MARK AND JERRY. Sorry for the long note but thought it was a good story. PLEASE CLOSE THREAD

Nice to read you have got a good result. Hope you have a trouble free experience from now on.

You're welcome. I'm glad it worked out. :)

Sadly it seems this is one of the reasons why K moved to their own vault. The other part of this is that your MDV clearly knows good music and wasn't willing to let it go! ;)

that's a great story, and nice to see how the members here helped out and likely saved you a bundle in non-warranty repair costs as well as the hassles of shipping it and being without your vault!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back