• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

PLEASE HELP K VAULT ERROR

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOEMAN

Hi I have a K vault and I loaded 2 discs. One came up unrecognized and ready to eject. Was trying to identify the other. From my ipod (not ipad) I hit the eject comand and it never came out. Now the vault is continuously flashing 000 and will not do anything. Message in my componnets tab is an error has occurred. it said to power down and power back up and retart the player. I have done all the a number of times and same messages about the error is still in the componets tab and flashing 000 on the vault. Blue rays will not play but are seen in my movie covers. K tech support not open until Monday. Any ideas? Do I eject all 51 discs and then restart. Anybody have this happen and any ideas. I guess I should have not been useing the I pod to try and eject or should have waited for the second disc to finsh.
Apprecaite any help:(
Thank You Very Unhappy

I had similar problems and had to eject and re-load the disks (sometimes just 1 disk sometimes every disk) as otherwise no blurays will play. The Kvault would also every so often re-validate disks and one would get stuck so it needed to be opened and the disk freed. In the end I gave up with the Kvault-10 as it was so un-reliable both in and out of warranty and purchased an M700 which has so far been fault free.
No good news I am sorry to say and not the quickest of fixes as once ejected and reloaded the disks need to be 'verified' but it may help until official support is back on Monday.

Last edited:
Thanks I was worrired that if I ejected all the discs it may screw something up. I guess I will try it and see what happens.

Wow. will not eject any discs. just keeps falshing 000. I wish K was open on the weekens.:(

So Mark you had said that the vault had to be opened to get the disc out. Are you able to do that or have to send to K? For sure my warrenty is over on it.:(

You can do it yourself and if you send me your e-mail via PM I will forward you the instructions I received from Kaleidescape.

I take it this is for the MDV (black vault)

Try this:
the x's are your player's ip address.

http://xxx.xxx.x.xxx/inventory.html

Then follow the commands and ask it to do the inventory. It will force the player to inventory whats in there and it might clear everything.

Thanks Jerry.
I just tried that and this is the message that came up.
Vault reinventory could not be started 0x013d0006.

Any ideas??

Thanks Colin
:confused:

Have you tried cycling the power on both the vault and the player?

I wish I had more than the standard: call K tech support. You have their contact info?

Kaleidescape, Inc. | 440 Potrero Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94085
T: +1.650.625.6160 | F: +1.650.625.6101
support@kaleidescape.com

My semi wild guess here is a disc has jammed somehow.

Hi Jerry

yes I did try to cycle the power on both. I agree that I think somehow a disk is jammed. I will call K in the morning. Thanks for your help.
Colin

I hope by now they've been in touch with you. Kaleidescape has excellent customer support and I am sure they will find a way to get this corrected.

It sounds like a disc got stuck in the player. If that happens, then it would not be safe to have the carousel fire up or you might damage the discs, or strip out the gears for the carousel. I would be willing to bet a simple manual opening of the unit and removing the discs, cycling the power and reloading would fix it.

Well I may have to change that because so far K support has been unable to fix the issue. They are now talking RMA which means he said repacing it and it is out of warrenty. They are going to call me back tonight. Hopefully some how some way we can get it going. Are you saying to remove all the disc's? Someone else was kind enough to send me directions on opening the vault. So if they come back with no answers I guess I will try it.

One of our client's also had a problem with disks getting stuck in the drive. Apparently, the tolerances are fairly tight, and some "thicker" discs were getting jammed in the drive which caused the same error reported here. Cannot be sure that's the problem without opening the case.

Jim

Well K has no answers. Said back to dealer to do a RMA. It is out of warrenty to boot. They do not think that discs are stuck. They say that the flashing code would be something other than the flashing 000. They say it would alturnate between 000 and some other code. I guess I willl have to open it up to get my discs out, I guess I can try to reboot it after I have all the discs out and cross my fingers. K said they do not think that will fix it. They think its done. :(:mad: I'm so disapointed.

That is really frustrating. I hope this won't ruin your experience with Kaleidescape as they really are a great company to deal with.

Having experienced this situation with the MDV I can say that K support is great, k products are great but where 3rd parties are used such as for the MDv they are best avoided. I have an MDV in my garage so if anyone wants to make me a decent offer please 'pm' ne as it is now replaced by an M7000

I am sure the M700 > MDV-- BUT-- I have 6 MDVs in my system without any real hiccups aside from the issue with it not ejecting all 100 discs in one of them when I wanted to move one and I wanted to remove all the discs. It ejected 98 of them. I didn't know that its good practice to have the M player reindex the MDV contents before you do a mass eject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back