• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Per Player Language Preferences

Croptop

I posted this in the main forum in response to a bug report but I figured I'd post it here too.

A new feature in KEAOS is the ability to define a default language on a per player basis (it defaults to 'None'). To do this:

1. Launch the Installer Web UI ( http://ks-00000000{ser # of server/Installer/home.html )
  2. Go to the Components tab.
  3. For each Movie or Combo Player, click the settings button.
  4. In the settings popup window, click the Language tab.
  5. Use the pulldown box beside "My preferred language is" to choose your default language for that player.
    [*]Once you choose something other than "None", some new settings will be displayed that affect how foreign language films will be treated. Choose "I prefer to hear movies in their original language... show {chosen language} subtitles." if you want movies to play in their original language with subtitles. Otherwise, choose "I prefer to hear movies dubbed into {chosen language} (no subtitles).".

You need to do this for each player in your system.

Last edited:
Hi! Maybe it is sounds stupid, but can I get the titles and info of the movies from K's sever on a different language than english?! For example my language is english as a default, if I load a dvd (english and russian languages), can I get the title and information in russian?

I'm surprised that's never been asked before. I don't know the answer, but we have many foreign Kalediescape dealers that visit here, certainly someone will know if the UI and MovieGuide can be localized. I suspect a "maybe" for the UI, and "nope" for the MovieGuide... but I could be wrong.

I'am just afraid, if I change the prefered language to russian it is difficult to change back again to english. So if I could change to russian maybe I'can refresh the movies from K's server and then able to list on russian language. I suppos I have to try.... :)

You cannot change the default language of the OSD or the Movie Guide data. Changes to the default language settings as detailed above *only* affect what audio track/subtitle track the player selects by default when you play a movie.

The actual Kaleidescape interface is English-only.

Back