• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Partial movie store outage (12/7/2023)

MikeKobb

◥ ◣ Kaleidescape, Inc.
Howdy,

We're having an issue with the movie store at the moment that is affecting the mobile apps. You may see an "Unexpected error" message when trying to navigate the store. This issue is intermittent. The team is working on it right now and it should be resolved shortly. In the meantime, you may be able to re-try a few times and get a successful result.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll post an all clear here when it's resolved.

I've actually been seeing an error message that reads something to the effect of "Unable to reach store. Check Your Internet Connection." for about a month now on the iOS app, didn't even think to report it because other than the message I don't think I've noticed any issues. Usually pops up when I'm backing out of a movie detail. Perhaps the initial search info is gone or something?

I've actually been seeing an error message that reads something to the effect of "Unable to reach store. Check Your Internet Connection." for about a month now on the iOS app, didn't even think to report it because other than the message I don't think I've noticed any issues. Usually pops up when I'm backing out of a movie detail. Perhaps the initial search info is gone or something?
If you can catch an exact set of steps to reproduce that, please let me know! A screenshot of the error would also be helpful.

If you can catch an exact set of steps to reproduce that, please let me know! A screenshot of the error would also be helpful.
I also get this error. Typically sequence of events is:

- Click link on movies for sale thread
- App opens and I purchase movie
- Swipe up to switch back to safari
- Click link of next movie on sale that I want
- App opens and produces error thrillcat references.

I’ll get a screenshot next time.

That's helpful, thank you. When the app opens after you click the second link, does it successfully open the movie that you clicked on, and then you get the dialog on top of that, or does the movie that you clicked on fail to open?

Howdy folks, just an update. We've identified the issue that causes this spurious connection message that appears when you bring the app back to the foreground. It's fixed internally, and we'll have an app update out in the coming weeks to address it.

In the meantime, I can at least say that while it's an annoying message, it's pretty benign. There's a background update that happens to the "hamburger" menu when the app activates, and there seems to be an Apple networking issue that's causing it to fail if it runs too early during app activation.

Sorry for the annoyance.

What about the no Internet connection on first open from a link on Android? I've had that error forever.

Hmmm. I do see a bug in our queue on Android for something that sounds similar. Is this every time you open a link on Android, or only the first time after not having used the app in awhile, or...?

It's not every time, and does seem to be after not using the app for a while.

If I click a movie link on here, it will open the app, pull up the correct movie, and then throw up the no Internet connection blackout screen (simulation attached).

Hitting back just exits the app. I can them immediately go back to Chrome, click the link again, and everything is fine.

Kevin D.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240118_071045_Kaleidescape.jpg
    Screenshot_20240118_071045_Kaleidescape.jpg
    439.3 KB · Views: 5
Okay, yeah, that's consistent with the issue that's in our bug tracker. I'm sure that's really annoying. I bumped that issue up to the top of the queue.

We've just released version 1.14.2 of the iOS app, which includes a fix for this issue.

We've just released version 1.14.2 of the iOS app, which includes a fix for this issue.
It's the android fix coming?

Also, when scrolling through the store, if I click a movie to see the info and then go back to the store, it doesn't return to the location I was scrolling on the list. Most of the time the list resets all the way back to the top. This is annoying because if I get pretty deep in a list I hate to have to install all the way back down to find my place.

There is a new Android build coming today (if it's not out already) but that connection message issue did not make it into the build.

The scrolling issue is complex and I'm not sure when that will be able to be fixed. I definitely agree that it's very annoying.

Back