• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Not sure if this is the right forum... (Top Gun 2?)

msimanyi

I tried searching to see if anyone has discussed it yet, but the search bar won't search on those two words even if they're enclosed in quotes.

I know Top Gun 2 is billing as "only in theaters", but do we have any idea if K has a relationship with the studio releasing it? And if it does, have there been any hints that it might be available at some time through the store?

The original movie is from Paramount and the new one looks to be the same. K has Paramount content in the Store and I’d expect TP2 to be available once it is released for digital distribution.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paramount has been doing a 45 day theater-exclusive window. Based on that, I would expect Top Gun 2 to be available at Kaleidescape around mid July.

Don’t hold me to that, though. Studios keep experimenting with their release timing and neither Paramount or Kaleidescape have promised a release date.

Sounds reasonable, but keep in mind the release can also be affected by the popularity in the movie. If it maintains strong theater viewership, the release will be pushed back.

Jim

Yup, but it will likely be a while before it's actually released, if the current box office numbers hold up.

Jim

I've pre-ordered a few movies now with K but none have released yet, but was wondering if there were other advantages to preordering outside of the movie already being downloaded and ready to go as soon as it's released. Like is there a special preorder price for getting it early or do they typically come out at the same price point? Several things in the queue I'm excited for!

It's really only the advanced download advantage, there is no price advantage (nor disadvantage). By having it ready to go in your system, it's available a little faster on release day, if that matters.

Jim

Kaleidescape doesn’t currently have a release calendar. Pre-orders are the only way to know what’s coming in the near future. I pre-order all the titles I am interested in order to encourage Kaleidescape to continue to offer pre-orders and hopefully more of them in the future. Otherwise, there is no financial incentives (or penalties) as cinelife mentioned, and the time saved is about 12 mins if own a Terra system.

As for the pre-order. I noticed its not showing an Atmos logo. Im trying to decide of that’s simply an oversight. Ill wait to pre-order until I know more about the audio tracks.

It's really only the advanced download advantage, there is no price advantage (nor disadvantage). By having it ready to go in your system, it's available a little faster on release day, if that matters.

Jim
I'm not finding anything on a quick search, it's not terribly likely to come up, and you might have to manually request it, but aren't pre-orders supposed to have a lowest-price-between-order-and-release guarantee?

That's Amazon.;)

(I don't think K mentions it anywhere, but your preorder isn't charged until release, and then at the price assigned on release day which may or may not be what was quoted in the preorder. That said, I don't remember any instance where the price changed, but I may not have been paying attention.)

Jim

Well, I went ahead and bit despite saying id wait. :). According to IMDB the audio tracks are plentiful between the Dolby, DTS, Auro 11.1, and IMAX.

That's Amazon.;)

(I don't think K mentions it anywhere, but your preorder isn't charged until release, and then at the price assigned on release day which may or may not be what was quoted in the preorder. That said, I don't remember any instance where the price changed, but I may not have been paying attention.)

Jim
Yeah, but they aren't the only ones that do it, and something in the back of my head refused to give-up the thought that K had some variation as well.

From: https://support.kaleidescape.com/ar...es will be made,pre-ordered title is released.

How do pre-orders work?
A pre-ordered title will typically download before its release date. It is stored invisibly on your system until the release date, after which it will appear automatically. Some titles will be made available for pre-order before an official release date has been announced. Once announced, this information will be reflected throughout the movie store.

Your credit card will not be charged until the pre-ordered title is released. If your credit card is declined, the downloaded title will not be playable. You may update your credit card information and repurchase the title to make the already downloaded title playable.

Prior to being available for download, pre-ordered titles appear in a separate section on the Downloads page. You will receive an email when a pre-ordered title is moved to the end of your download queue. If you already have many titles scheduled for download, you may choose to change the download order to make the pre-ordered title finish sooner.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had Dumbledore pre-ordered, it‘s release date was 5/30 (Monday), my card was charged at 12:25 AM on Monday and the movie showed up on my GUI to watch about 10 mins later.

Note: I could see the movie downloaded in my downloads several days prior to 5/30 but it wasn’t visible in my movies or the GUI until the said time above.

Back