• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

No Lights/Power on my Cinema One.

ISW23

I was hoping my first post on this forum would be with something good but alast no.
On Thursday night i linked up my newly aquired 1u server & kplayer to my existing cinema one with no problems then watched a movie to test everything was working ok.

So when i get in from work today (Friday) i try to switch everything on to start importing discs to the new server & my cinema one is "dead" with no blue lights anywhere on the front panel but the other 2 are working fine?

My network switch is showing signs of life from the C1 but there is no mention of it on the kscape utility page?

Any advice on this would be great. Thanks.

Nothing against you, but have you hit the power button?

I've completely torn apart a setup with a M300 that had a yellow light in our store, only to fix it by turning the server on...

We have had our demo C1 go down with network activity, but no life. Nothing from the serial port at all either.

Kevin D.

Server is on,kplayer is on but still nothing happens when i press the power button on the C1? There is definately power in the lead/cord and to the back of the C1. I'm new to this so i am unsure what to do with the serial port.

Ian.

The serial port is used for RS-232 control via Crestron/AMX control system, but it also does boot logging output if you get a program called putty and capture the output to see where it hangs during boot, if that is the problem. Kaleidescape's tech support can send you the information if it isn't on their web site under the tech support portion. Wish I could be more help, but I am traveling and don't have a lot of minutes of internet time.

Contacted kscape who informed me it is a problem with the internal power supply/transformer which is what i expected with me being an electrician.

Thanks to Kevin & Mr P for the replys.

Ian.

Not sure what the OP paid, but just fyi, there are some power supply repair kits available from K for $50. Installation costs more, but also possible to DIY.

Jim

Sorry guys,i was away on holiday,was quoted ?500 + VAT(20%) to repair power supply.Was also given the option to upgrade to 1TB + New warranty for ?2000 + VAT.I think i will source one and repair myself seeing as it's out of warranty & save up for the M700 which in UK costs around ?6200 Ouch.

...save up for the M700 which in UK costs around ?6200 Ouch.

I reckon, ouch! How much of that does HM Govt collect in VAT? 20% rate is pretty stiff, here down under it's only 10%. No wonder the Brits are emigrating and now outnumbering us in some suburbs by up to 7:1!

Might be cheaper to emigrate,What is the MRSP of a M700 down under?

I've never seen any Kaleidescape price lists down here at all, I think they are closely guarded secret in this part of the World!

I finally got round to opening up my C1 only to find the internal power supply working fine but part of the "Front Panel" PCB with the AV connections on it badly burnt around the main power connector + cooling fan connectors.Here are a couple of serial/part numbers- 402-1026-01 REV G & SM140900630 which hopefully mean more to you guys out there than it does to me.

Will try to post pictures if i can.

Given that description, I suggest getting it repaired by K.

Jim

It was fairly easy to remove so if a part was available to purchase from K it would be an easy fix?

Ian.

That part is not listed on dealer price sheets, so K would have to be contacted by your dealer to see what could be worked out. More importantly, if the failed part caused the "burn" marking you noticed, and that mark is the natural outcome of the part failing, then logically replacing the part should solve the problem. The only question I have (not being an electrician) is "what caused the part to fail?" and the answer, IMO, is better left to K to figure out. Of course, your call!:)

Jim

badly burnt

"Badly burnt" = source of ignition.

Sometimes components fail from internal faults. Sometimes the failure is indicative of an external fault.

At the very least I would employ an electrician to check the status of the power supply,fan and relevant circuit voltages.

Changing failed components for new frequently achieves the desired outcome. Occasionally the Fire Brigade has to deal with an undesired outcome.

Kaleidescape may not provide a cheap repair but I expect the repair would be completed to a standard that would not result in a potential fire hazard.

JDS;10297............I expect the repair would be completed to a standard that would not result in a potential fire hazard.[/QUOTE said:
My point as well.:)

Jim

Quick update guys,sent my C1 back to kscape on the minor repair scheme,arrived back within 2 weeks with a refurb chassis & a 1 year warranty.

Back